Generating previews

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One DB and Capture One Express 8x and 7.x

Generating previews

Postby Riss » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:52 pm

Disclaimer: sorry if this has already been discussed, I tried searching but couldn't find anything

I just reinstalled Mavericks on my machine (MBP 15" 2012 unibody) - I ran C1 7.2.4 before without major issues, export and editing worked fine. Now after a new installation every time I open my catalogue of ~5000 pictures I don't see any previews and C1 starts generating everything again. I can't even look at the edited final pictures because the moment I click to another folder, the previews are being regenerated again.... drives me mad:/

I use referenced files (originals are on the same SSD as the catalogue file) and preview size is set to 2560px.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks a lot

Richard
Riss

Re: Generating previews

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:59 am

It sounds like you have installed your Mac from scratch. Maybe the preview size setting was different before the reinstallation. This will trigger the regeneration of previews. It is a one time action, and however disturbing, let it go.
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Re: Generating previews

Postby Riss » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:52 am

Hello Paul,

I did let C1 generate the previews - 3 times, but they were not saved and every time I clicked to another folder or changed set of images I was looking at, the process kicked in again.

I don't know what it was, but I exported all originals and reexported them again (it's only 5k images), now everything seems to be working perfectly.

Thanks!

Richard
Riss

Return to Capture One 8.x and 7.x Software