Sort randomly changing while editing

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One DB and Capture One Express 7.x

Sort randomly changing while editing

Postby Chris1012 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:19 pm

Hello,

I have been experiencing a bug in the sort for C1Pro 7.2.3 running on OSX 10.9.4 - wondering if anyone else is experiencing this and has a solution:

My workflow:
- go through a folder of raw files (shot on a 5DMKIII and imported from card, then renamed)
- mark my selects with a 1 star
- sort by rating (which when I check the sort via the menu option it shows as being reversed even though the 1 stars are at the top and unrated images are at the bottom)
- go through the 1 star images selecting several at a time, checking focus, then removing the 1 star rating on select images that I don't want
- suddenly and randomly (not every time) as I remove the rating from select images the sort goes back to "by name" even though in the menu option it still says sorted by rating (reverse). I then have to stop editing, select "sort by name" from the menu, then "sort by rating" again to get back where I started and start again.

This is driving me crazy. Every few minutes I have to do these steps and start over. Is there something I can do to make this software stop randomly changing the sort back to name when I am simply editing?

Thanks,

Chris
Chris1012

Re: Sort randomly changing while editing

Postby SFA » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:20 pm

If you are using sessions try creating a new session to see if you still see the same anomaly as you work.

If you always create new sessions and the problem has repeated for each new session .... probably not worth trying.

Grant
SFA

Re: Sort randomly changing while editing

Postby Chris1012 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:36 pm

I deleted the preferences files, restarted the computer and tried again - this seems to have fixed the issue so far.

Thanks,

Chris
Chris1012

Return to Capture One 7.x Software