Locating Original RAW Files?

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One DB and Capture One Express 7.x

Locating Original RAW Files?

Postby photohq » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:17 am

I'm using "Collections" to manage my images within C1. I have the following conundrum which I can't seem to resolve. This is my workflow and ensuing problem...

1. Under "User Collections" I create an Album (date_jobname); within a Project (client_name); within a Folder (genre, e.g. FASHION); within my C1 Catalog.
2. Import images directly from camera card into the Album (date_jobname). Image originals are copied into a Work-In-Progess hard-drive on my computer within a Folder (date_clientname). This folder (date_clientname) is where I'll output my finished images to, from C1.
3. I now proceed to edit my images. Once finished, I output the files that I will send to my client to the Folder (date_clientname) on the Work-In-Progress hard-drive. Job finished. Everyone is happy.
4. As the job is finished I now move the Folder (date_clientname) which is on my Work-In-Progess hard-drive to a permanent drive (photo disk_2014) which is synced every 24 hours to another external backup drive.

And now my problem...

When I go back into C1 to that Album/Job under "User Collections" the images show a "?" icon saying they are "offline". When I right-click on an image or images the "Locate" button is greyed out.

How do I re-connect C1 to the RAW files that now reside on another hard-drive?

Any help/guidance is appreciated.
photohq

Re: Locating Original RAW Files?

Postby Drew » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:19 pm

Use the Locate feature on the Parent Folder rather than the individual image.
Kind Regards,
Drew
Phase One
Drew
Crew
Crew

Postby photohq » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:17 am

Drew wrote:Use the Locate feature on the Parent Folder rather than the individual image.

Thank you for that but when I do the "Locate" feature is greyed out. I've tried on the Folder, Project and Album... nothing. Do you have any other suggestions? Why is the Locate feature not available?
photohq

Postby Drew » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:41 am

Please create a support case.
Kind Regards,
Drew
Phase One
Drew
Crew
Crew

Return to Capture One 7.x Software