idea for future updates :: deleting misfired black frames

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One DB and Capture One Express 8x and 7.x

idea for future updates :: deleting misfired black frames

Postby sub_con » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:38 pm

when shooting in studio it is common for the pocket wizards or the packs themselves to misfire and we get the inevitable black frame. i think it would be great if i didn't have to go through all the images to delete all the black frames if it happens often. a subtle issue that could speed up productivity.

not sure who i should direct this idea to, but i think it would be great if there was a preference that could be turned on/off that analyzes the dynamic range of the image and if it falls underneath the threshold of information it automatically places the images in the trash so we don't have to look at any black frames when editing.

:idea: food for thought :idea:
sub_con

Re: idea for future updates :: deleting misfired black frames

Postby Drew » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:41 pm

I think the idea of automatically deleting anything, ever, in any capacity, is a risky venture we'd rather not explore.

That said however, you are welcome to create a support case and officially log a Feature Request.
Drew
Crew
Crew

Postby sub_con » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:20 pm

well -- i just meant it they get diverted to the trash, not necessarily deleted permanently. just putting it out there.
sub_con

Postby Drew » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:52 pm

Understood, and you are welcome to request such a feature in via the support system.
Drew
Crew
Crew

Return to Capture One 8.x and 7.x Software