Sony RX100m III (m3) support anytime soon?

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One DB and Capture One Express 8x and 7.x

Sony RX100m III (m3) support anytime soon?

Postby Gene2 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:36 am

I have a license of Capture One 7 Professional and I purchased Sony RX100m3 at the end of June and now, 2 months later, it is still not supported by Capture One.

My only option is to shell some $$ for DxO, which has the support. Adobe Lightroom also supports this camera, but I do not like Lightroom as much.

How much longer do you think we will be waiting for the update? I have to process tons of RAW files from Sony RX100III and cannot do anything before Capture One provides an update.

Any idea?
Thanks!
Gene2

Re: Sony RX100m III (m3) support anytime soon?

Postby SFA » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:51 am

Gene2 wrote:I have a license of Capture One 7 Professional and I purchased Sony RX100m3 at the end of June and now, 2 months later, it is still not supported by Capture One.

My only option is to shell some $$ for DxO, which has the support. Adobe Lightroom also supports this camera, but I do not like Lightroom as much.

How much longer do you think we will be waiting for the update? I have to process tons of RAW files from Sony RX100III and cannot do anything before Capture One provides an update.

Any idea?
Thanks!

What's wrong with Sony's software?
SFA

Re: Sony RX100m III (m3) support anytime soon?

Postby Thomas Ching » Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:11 am

I asked the same question in another thread back in June. While there was no official response whatsoever, forum members have discussed the possibility of a DNG workaround. I have not tried it myself (as I have not bought the RX100M3 yet, still waiting to see whether the Panasonic LX100 in m43 format rumoured to be announced at Photokina would be a more compelling option). But you might like to take a look at that workaround.

In the mean time, you may also try Sony's Image Data Converter (free download), which does support RX100M3. I have converted raw files taken with A7 and A6000 to 16-bit tiff, and found the output quite decent. I actually prefer IDC over Adobe Camera Raw.

This is the link to my previous thread:
http://forum.phaseone.com/En/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=16488&sid=e1b651157497f8fe3bb9cded482cb39a

Thomas
Thomas Ching

Return to Capture One 8.x and 7.x Software