Random red cast while processing TIF files

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One DB and Capture One Express 7.x

Random red cast while processing TIF files

Postby NN222921UL » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:54 pm

Hi everyone,

While processing TIF files from Capture One, I will get random files with a red cast without changing/adjusting any of the settings. Most come out correctly processed, while the random one will have a red cast, but the file processed immediately after will then be correct. I've checked my settings and nothing appears to have changed. My colour profile is consistent so I'm not sure how that would explain the one-off red cast on the occasional files. Any help is appreciated.

I'm shooting a Nikon D800 and running Capture One Pro 7.2 on Mavericks.
NN222921UL

Re: Random red cast while processing TIF files

Postby MidWestTech » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:57 pm

Thumbnail previews not generating fully or properly maybe?

Try regenerating the previews... Top bar menu / File / Regenerate Previews
MidWestTech

Postby NN222921UL » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:12 pm

The images open immediately in photoshop CS5. What's weird is that after reviewing the images again, the red cast has gone. Is it possible that when they immediately open in photoshop that the image has not fully generated?
NN222921UL

Postby MidWestTech » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:17 pm

It's possible. One way to know would be to open your Activities window in C1Pro... it will give you a running progress report on the generation of the previews.
MidWestTech

Postby Drew » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:17 pm

NN222921UL wrote: Is it possible that when they immediately open in photoshop that the image has not fully generated?

Nope.
The Open command is only given once a file, in it's entirety, exists. Its the same as processing a file, right clicking it in Finder, and choosing "Open With..."
Kind Regards,
Drew
Phase One
Drew
Crew
Crew

Postby MidWestTech » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:35 pm

I have seen a condition where some of the thumbs in the browser fail to display the adjusted previews. Usually it is a few here and there and often found in folders containing a large number of images.
MidWestTech

Postby Drew » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:40 pm

MidWestTech wrote:I have seen a condition where some of the thumbs in the browser fail to display the adjusted previews. Usually it is a few here and there and often found in folders containing a large number of images.

Perhaps you have observed that, however it would not be any way related to processed files rendering in another software.
Kind Regards,
Drew
Phase One
Drew
Crew
Crew

Postby MidWestTech » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:10 pm

I must have misunderstood the original question.

I thought he was seeing them with the cast in C1 but that they no longer had it once processed out as a tiff/viewed in photoshop.
MidWestTech

Return to Capture One 7.x Software