How to delete recent imports folders

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One DB and Capture One Express 7.x

How to delete recent imports folders

Postby NNN635125328133038262 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:57 pm

Can I delete empty recent import folders ?
NNN635125328133038262

Re: How to delete recent imports folders

Postby Drew » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:55 pm

You cannot.
However you can define the frequency that that these folders are created and how long they stay in the menu via the preferences.
Kind Regards,
Drew
Phase One
Drew
Crew
Crew

Postby Gregory » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:34 pm

Drew, are you referring to Recent Imports or Recent Captures. I can see where you can change the settings for Recent Captures in the settings but not Recent Imports.

I found that I can get rid of Recent Imports by deleting the references (not the image!). Once they're all deleted from a Recent Import that import disappears from the Recent Imports list.
Gregory

Postby Dinarius » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:17 pm

Hi Gregory,

Please explain how in (in simple english! :) ) how you got rid of Recent Imports.

I have bought C1 8, but am still trying to wean myself onto it.

So far, I love everything about it except the Library feature, which may be a deal-breaker for me.

If I can't Remove/Delete imports - be they entire Catalogs, Sessions, or mere folders within either of these, then I'm out. The thought of having to look at junk in the Library which I don't need or am never accessing, I can't stand.

Even Lightroom allows the removal of anything with a simple right click of the mouse - without affecting the files at their original location on the disk.

A tad frustrated - and hoping I can be disabused of this.

Thanks.

D.
Dinarius

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:54 pm

The Recent Import collections in the Library, Catalog Collections are not actual folders, just placeholders. The help you to quickly see all images from a recent import. Both CO7 and CO8 remember your last 10 imports. Older imports are not stored (the image are, of course).

In case you delete all images that relate to a particular import in that section, the item will automatically disappear. You can not manually remove items in this section.

I hope you better understand their purpose and existence and will not be distracted by the idea that it is junk or polluting your library. Note that sessions do not have such collections (but they can have favourites for each import, but that is another story).
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Return to Capture One 7.x Software