Where is 7.2.3?

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One DB and Capture One Express 7.x

Where is 7.2.3?

Postby MikeFromMesa » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:05 pm

I currently have CaptureOne Pro 7.2.2 installed (or so my software tells me) and I have been constantly nagged to update to 7.2.3. I had not done this since I have had no problems and my image formats are supported by 7.2.2 but, this morning, I finally gave in and accepted the 7.2.3 update.

After it downloaded I installed it and checked About. Well, I was told I still had 7.2.2 so I downloaded it again, made sure of the version number on the download and installed it again, this time very carefully watching for any error messages. When the install was done I again checked and, lo and behold, I still have 7.2.2.

Where is 7.2.3 and why does the file named 7.2.3 (well, to be complete, actually named CaptureOne.Mac.7.2.3-d352) install 7.2.2? It does not seem to just be a bug in the labeling. When I tell it to check for any updates it tells me that I should install 7.2.3.

Any suggestions?
MikeFromMesa

Re: Where is 7.2.3?

Postby Drew » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:55 pm

http://www.phaseone.com/en/Downloads/Ca ... Pro-7.aspx

You can turn off the Auto Notification for Updates too if you wish.
Kind Regards,
Drew
Phase One
Drew
Crew
Crew

Postby Keith Reeder » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:12 pm

I think you might've missed Mike's point, Drew - he has downloaded and installed 7.2.3 but for some reason Capture One is still opening as 7.2.2.
Keith Reeder
Keith Reeder

Postby Drew » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:21 pm

Nope... I got that, but if 7.2.3 WAS actually downloaded and installed, it certainly wouldn't open as 7.2.2 :wink:

So, I'm sure it's just an oversight or an old download that's being accessed rather than the new. Downloading 7.2.3 directly will certainly resolve any confusion.
Kind Regards,
Drew
Phase One
Drew
Crew
Crew

Postby SFA » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:29 pm

Does the version information change on installation alone or only after a restart of the Mac? Has the Mac been restarted?

Have you checked the "About" window to see what that says? (I get the impression that you are being prompted that there is an update available and acting in that but of course you may also have checked the "About" screen.)

Grant
SFA

Postby MikeFromMesa » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:06 pm

Drew - I have directly downloaded 7.2.3. The first time I used the upgrade functionality. The second time I directly downloaded 7.2.3 and I know it was 7.2.3 because the file name stated it was such. Still, after the install, opening the software and checking About showed me 7.2.2.

SFA - No. I did not reboot after the install but that will be my next step. Thanks for the suggestion. And yes, I did check the About. That is where I found that I still had 7.2.2. And yes, I am still getting the upgrade prompt. Now to reboot.
MikeFromMesa

Postby MikeFromMesa » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:34 pm

Well, that was very interesting! And now I understand what happened.

I had previously owned a license for CaptureOne Express and upgraded to Pro some months ago. I had been using Pro and did not even know that Express was still on my system (I guess I assumed that Pro replaced Express when I installed it). When I was in Pro and downloaded the 7.2.3 version it found the Express version, assumed this was an update for Express and installed itself as Express. Since I start my apps via shortcuts and since my shortcut pointed to Pro, that was what started and I found myself still using 7.2.2.

I only found this when I actually did a manual search of the Applications folder and found both there. I removed the Pro, deactivated the 7.2.3 Express and reactivated it with the Pro license. Now I finally have 7.2.3 Pro.

I should have checked the Applications folder earlier ...
MikeFromMesa

Postby Keith Reeder » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:06 pm

Mike,

just for clarity, there's no physically separate Express installation package: Express and Pro (and DB) are the same program, with certain functions turned off or on depending on the licence used to activate it.
Keith Reeder
Keith Reeder

Postby MikeFromMesa » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:13 pm

Yes. I know that.

The installed file found two instances of CaptureOne on my system. One was licensed as Express and the other as Pro and the files had different names (one was named CaptureOne.app and the other CaptureOne Pro.app). When it found the app licensed at Express state it installed itself over that installation, not the Pro, and hence I ended up with an Express version licensed at 7.2.3 and a Pro version, not updated, licensed at 7.2.2. Since I start CaptureOne with a shortcut and since that shortcut pointed to the Pro version, that is what started when I started CaptureOne.

I ended up deactivating and removing the 7.2.2 version (licensed as Pro), deactivating the 7.2.3 version licensed as Express and then activating it as Pro. That solved the problem.
MikeFromMesa

Return to Capture One 7.x Software