Normal saturation slider request.

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One DB and Capture One Express 7.x

Normal saturation slider request.

Postby fotomi » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:27 pm

All I need in future capture one versions is "normal" saturation slider, like in camera raw/lightroom. I'm shooting landscapes and maybe it's sound odd but I want to increase saturation of all colours, not vibrance. I think it's more natural way, and it's possible in camera raw/lightroom. I know it's possible in capture one too - the way of increasing saturation in color editor, but it's more complicated way and I can only increase saturation to 80%. Some photos need more saturation. I think it's not so complicated to create saturation instead of vibrance slider (easy import it from color editor saturation).
fotomi

Re: Normal saturation slider request.

Postby Keith Reeder » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:06 pm

fotomi wrote:I think it's not so complicated to create saturation instead of vibrance slider (easy import it from color editor saturation).

Oh, I don't think that ease of delivery is an issue here - there's simply no apparent demand for this.

I've been back to 2010 in the posts on here that reference the word "saturation", and - before your post - precisely nobody has asked for a "dumbed-down" saturation tool in preference of the tool we have now.

Kinda suggests that users like it as it is - I'm sure you noticed this too when you searched the forum before posting...

This has a direct relevance to how likely it is that Phase One will make this change, because - simply put - there's no realistic chance that they'll introduce if for one user; for the record, I'm a fan of the current implementation too.
Keith Reeder
Keith Reeder

Postby Drew » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:37 am

Unfortunately for the OP, Keith is pretty on point.
This is certainly not something that many, if any, have requested. You're welcome to create a support case and request this for future consideration but, at present as the Advanced Color Editor can do this in a few clicks (Advanced Color Editor, Click + in bottom right, adjust Saturation for all values) I don't think that we'll be spending the time to create yet another tool in our already cluttered interface.
Kind Regards,
Drew
Phase One
Drew
Crew
Crew

Postby Ian3 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:58 pm

Drew, did you mean to say in Basic Colour editor, not advanced?

One of the things I like about the saturation slider on the Exposure tab is that it is quite subtle.

Ian
Ian3

Postby Keith Reeder » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:33 pm

Ian3 wrote:One of the things I like about the saturation slider on the Exposure tab is that it is quite subtle.

Yep - because it's "smart", and applies less saturation to parts of the image that are already well-saturated than to those areas which can take more.
Keith Reeder
Keith Reeder

Postby Alveric » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:38 pm

Man, I have had this wrong all along: I always assumed the Saturation slider was like Lightroom's —uniform. I was actually thinking of requesting a 'Vibrance' slider. :shock:
"Lux capta manet"
Alveric

Postby fotomi » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:21 pm

Ok, so LOL :P thanks for the answers. You can't have everything :P

Drew thank you! I didn't know that I can click "plus" in advanced tab and adjust saturation so much! It's all I need. Previously I have used basic tab (like Ian3 said) and add saturation on all colours but It was mild and not all I need. Is there any shortcut for "plus" in advanced tab?

By the way: I love C1, colours are so beatiful and even If I pull the "normal" saturation slider (I love vivid landscape photos) it's much pleasant for eyes than in LR/CR.
fotomi

Postby fotomi » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:49 pm

From which version there is intelligent saturation slider?
fotomi

Postby Ian3 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:07 pm

fotomi wrote:From which version there is intelligent saturation slider?

I think that C1 has done saturation that way through quite a few versions now, but my perception is that the saturation slider is less aggressive than it used to be in previous versions, but that is hard to check now because I can't go back to a previous version and compare.

ian
Ian3

Postby Michael11 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:02 pm

fotomi wrote:All I need in future capture one versions is "normal" saturation slider, like in camera raw/lightroom. I'm shooting landscapes and maybe it's sound odd but I want to increase saturation of all colours, not vibrance. I think it's more natural way, and it's possible in camera raw/lightroom. I know it's possible in capture one too - the way of increasing saturation in color editor, but it's more complicated way and I can only increase saturation to 80%. Some photos need more saturation. I think it's not so complicated to create saturation instead of vibrance slider (easy import it from color editor saturation).

Hi,
did you experiment with the Clarity tool / slider under the Exposure tool set (in Punch mode)?
Another option would be selecting under Base Characteristics under Curve the Film High Contrast instead of the Film Standard.
Michael11

Return to Capture One 7.x Software