Capture NX-D schowing better RAW Picturs as C1

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One DB and Capture One Express 7.x

Capture NX-D schowing better RAW Picturs as C1

Postby CAPTURE NIKON D700 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:11 pm

i am not beleving way is Capture NX-D are schowing me better RAW pictures as C1 :cry:
i like C1 and iam using it for my Nikon RAW Works, but yesterday, after i installd NX-D from Nikon
and import from my Nikon D700 towe NEF Pictures to each Program with no corrections, i find that the Pictures in NX-D looking amasing better as C1
i also traid to play with the Camera Profil in C1 to find a same looking Pictures in NXD- but NXD- still schowing verry good look :twisted: with C1 iam getting dark and highe saturation comperet to NX-D
CAPTURE NIKON D700

Re: Capture NX-D schowing better RAW Picturs as C1

Postby Drew » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:03 pm

NN635395930471775600UL wrote:import from my Nikon D700 towe NEF Pictures to each Program with no corrections

I think this is the deception.
Any software applies some base level corrections, whether you are informed or not.
Specialized software (made by the manufacture) can always provide better defaults. Capture One, however, serves a broad range of cameras so our defaults (for the most part) are a bit more generic.

Admittedly, our defaults for Phase One back files is far better than you can find with any other software.. why? Because we know them inside and out and can always deliver the best from the start. With a little more work in Capture One I think you'll find the same, and hopefully better, results then Nikon software.
Kind Regards,
Drew
Phase One
Drew
Crew
Crew

Postby MidWestTech » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:42 pm

NN635395930471775600UL wrote:i find that the Pictures in NX-D looking amasing better as C1

This is also in the eye of the beholder. Some camera companies make their images look very saturated and very sharp as the default. Some look very flat and sometimes a touch blue or greenish, etc. Depending on what your desired end use is, you might prefer one over the other. From my experience, C1Pro gives me a better result when the adjustments that I want are made, regardless of what those adjustments might be. You may prefer one starting point over another, but the output is where it really matters and this is where Phase wipes the floor with other raw software.
MidWestTech

Postby AAlain » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:01 am

To compare images has the entrance( of a software of treatment raw serves has nothing!
According to the parameters of the case CNX be going to apply regulations by default which are évidement different from C1 ( Dlightning...) what account it is the final exit(release) and the tools to obtain this exit.
To have tested CNX, I see nothing that C1 cannot make, I would say that C1 offers a good quality supérieurau in the final, even if the image countered more "flattering" at first.
A software of treatment raw is made to process an image has its taste, and anyway C1 allows to create regulations by default has to apply has the image from the beginning. :wink:
AAlain

Postby CAPTURE NIKON D700 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:15 am

Thank you for your posting,
yes i agree that C1 ist giving us moor then athours in RAW Correction this way i bay it. :D
my bee i must make also a Monitor callabration to my imac :idea:
CAPTURE NIKON D700

Postby AAlain » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:57 am

my bee i must make also a Monitor callabration to my imac

It is really the bare minimum :!:
AAlain

Postby NN635028440953663679UL » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:52 am

No, it is not true. NX-D does not show better pictures as C1. Neither does Lightroom 5 (or Camera Raw of course). I compared all last versions of these softwares, and I can say that Adobe's processor leaves a color aberration very well visible at 200% or 300%, (even after correction) whereas C1 pictures are perfectly clean, and perfectly noiseless. NX-D corrects color aberration a little better than Adobe, but C1 does much better.

Of course, I am speaking about NEF files made out of the D800. I just got the D810 a few days ago, but these files are not yet accepted by C1 or MediaPro. We have to wait...
NN635028440953663679UL

Return to Capture One 7.x Software