Different "pick" in different albums?

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One DB and Capture One Express 8x and 7.x

Different "pick" in different albums?

Postby andreasbentzen » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:30 pm

Hi,

I'm wondering how one can pick/promote different variants of the same picture in different albums? When I have the same image in more than one Album they seem to always have the same order. If I have a few images with, say, a B/W conversion I would like to have one Album showing the color image and another showing the B/W's when the stacks are closed. Is this not possible or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Andreas
andreasbentzen

Re: Different "pick" in different albums?

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:43 pm

Hi Andreas,

In Albums all variants go together (as they are basically a single image). In Smart Albums, you could separate variants for example by giving different star ratings.
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby sizzlingbadger » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:59 am

Hi Andreas,

I know what you mean as Apple Aperture can do this. You can change the "Pick" in a "Stack" for different albums, its a very nice feature. Capture One and Lightroom can't do this.
sizzlingbadger

Postby andreasbentzen » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:21 pm

Thanks for the answers, Paul and sizzlingbadger. I've used this feature in Aperture quite a bit, It's pretty useful to close the stack and be able to have different picks in different albums (for instance B/W, different crops, etc.). I suppose star ratings or color tags should do the trick in the meantime.

Thanks again,
Andreas
andreasbentzen

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:44 pm

Sounds like a nice-to-have feature in particular for user converting from other apps like Aperture to CO7.
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby amsquires83 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:17 pm

I came across this thread while searching for a way to make an "album pick" in Capture One. It looks like Phase One have still not added this relatively simple feature :( . I will contact Technical Support to raise this issue/make a feature request. I will also mention the usefulness of being able to stack any image together, not just variants of a specific original.

I too would like to create a 'black & white' album containing variants which are black & white only, without having to promote and make the black & white variants the "pick".

Aperture users who have been used to this for years, can I encourage you to also get in touch with Phase One's support to request this feature? The more that ask the more it will be considered on the deveopment roadmap.

http://www.phaseone.com/en/SupportMain/ ... pport.aspx

Adam
amsquires83

Return to Capture One 8.x and 7.x Software