can not process the current selection

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One DB and Capture One Express 8x and 7.x

can not process the current selection

Postby Julen » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:08 am

"only editable, online variants can be processed. please select variants that can be processed"

this is what I get lots of times when trying to process......

any help will be appreciated
Julen

Re: can not process the current selection

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:02 pm

That is because your images are stored outside the catalog and are offline. From your other post I have understood you already solved the offline issue, now this should work again as well.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby polpo » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:07 pm

I've got the impression it has to do with the size of your session, the size of the .cosessiondb-file and the speed of your computer and connection.

For example I got a session with 40 folders in the Capture folder. RAW data total 200 GB.
In every folder I got some highlighted ones. I want to process all these marked ones.
When I open the session, select "All images" (under "session albums" - I hope that's the right name, I'm working on a german system).
Then I filter out e.g. all green marked images and press cmd-d ("Process"?).
Here comes the above mentioned dialogue saying the images are not online [yet?!]
Trying again after a couple of minutes this dialogue won't appear again and the selected images can be processed without problems. To know when the moment is right [all images online], have a look at your activity monitor in case no other application is running. When it gets quiet, C1 is ready to process.

My question:
Is there a faster way to get all images of a session ready/online?

In this case I'm working on a
Mac Pro 4,1 Quad 2,66
SSD 250 GB for system
16GB RAM

C1 7.2.2

session on an external Lacie Quadra 4TB connected via FW800
polpo

Postby NNN634256046442270496 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:52 pm

Honestly I get this same message a lot. To the point of wanted to just trash the application and seek other RAW solutions.

Seriously, this is a recurring problem.

"Only editable, online variants can be processed. Please select variants that can be process"

The variants are clearly online. Sometimes restarting the application solves it. Sometimes switching to a different folder and back solves it. What the hell is going on? This wastes literally hours of my time in restarting and reselecting files before processing. I've trashed preferences and it still happens. It has happened on different versions/updates. I see this complaint from several others across different forums. How is this not the #1 issue for the engineers to solve before adding trivial features that 1% of the users will take advantage of?
NNN634256046442270496

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:26 pm

NNN634256046442270496 wrote:.. I see this complaint from several others across different forums. How is this not the #1 issue for the engineers to solve before adding trivial features that 1% of the users will take advantage of?

Have you opened a support case? Or would you like to share details like version software, session/catalog, disk int./ext.?
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby SFA » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:50 pm

NNN634256046442270496 wrote: How is this not the #1 issue for the engineers to solve before adding trivial features that 1% of the users will take advantage of?

You are posting in the V7 section.

It is what it is and for most people still using it one would assume it is OK.

The developers have moved on to V8. If you have not tried V8 it may be worth doing so.

FWIW I have no problems like you describe. But I run sessions on Windows 7 so maybe that makes the difference.

Grant
SFA

Return to Capture One 8.x and 7.x Software