CP7 can'y see CF card

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One DB and Capture One Express 8x and 7.x

CP7 can'y see CF card

Postby Jason921 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:12 pm

Hi there
I've just updated to Capture One 7 and it can't see any of my cards to import. I have tried 2 different readers and different cards. I'm using a Canon 1dx and a 5D MII both with the latest firmware.
I'm on OSX 10.7.4.....Any ideas?
Jason921

Re: CP7 can'y see CF card

Postby Jason921 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:39 pm

After a lot of talking and research it's clear to me that you can't load from a card or tether into version 7 using a new canon .....BRILLIANT !!!!
Jason921

Postby icreateimages » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:15 am

Hello

First post here and a new user of Capture One 7 which I bought as soon as it came out. Have been an Aperture user for years.

After some successful studio shoots tethered to get my head around the software, I tried to import from a CF card from a shoot I did on my Nikon D3S and I've had a nightmare getting it to import. 515 images and firstly it wouldn't import directly from the camera (Aperture could see it fine). From a card reader it took 3 goes and about 15 mins to do the import. Then for the first time ever my CF card corrupted. Its now taken me 30 mins to get it back in a working state and thankfully all the images made it into the catalog.

So all seems to not be peaceful in the Nikon world either.

Looking forward to some updates!

Thanks

Matt
icreateimages

Postby Steven48 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:25 am

NN634870599879485702UL wrote:Hello

First post here and a new user of Capture One 7 which I bought as soon as it came out. Have been an Aperture user for years.

After some successful studio shoots tethered to get my head around the software, I tried to import from a CF card from a shoot I did on my Nikon D3S and I've had a nightmare getting it to import. 515 images and firstly it wouldn't import directly from the camera (Aperture could see it fine). From a card reader it took 3 goes and about 15 mins to do the import. Then for the first time ever my CF card corrupted. Its now taken me 30 mins to get it back in a working state and thankfully all the images made it into the catalog.

So all seems to not be peaceful in the Nikon world either.

Looking forward to some updates!

Thanks

Matt

I think I would file a support case if I were you so that Phase One can try and sort out the problem.
Steven48

Postby icreateimages » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:46 am

Good point. Have now created a support ticket case.

Having read back my post yesterday I realise that could have looked a little negative! Not what I meant to do just been having a major head ache with the software and there was a post with exactly the same issues I was having.

Once the files are in the program I have to say I'm seeing a vast improvement over what I've experienced before in other packages.

Matt
icreateimages

Postby Jason921 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:03 pm

So...the solution or workaround to my problem was....locate the card on the desktop through the library tab....select all images and move to the capture folder ...then rename them.....SEAMLESS WORKFLOW !!...er and yes a negative comment and rightly so..feels like a beta and we're testing it out
Jason921

Return to Capture One 8.x and 7.x Software