Program quits while scrolling in film strip mode

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One DB and Capture One Express 8x and 7.x

Program quits while scrolling in film strip mode

Postby Glenn101 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:49 pm

Scrolling in film strip mode causes Capture One 7 to lockup or quit. A pop up screen asked me to explain problem and the program quit as I was filling out the request. As far as I can tell the problem only happens in film strip mode. I'm running Windows 7 (64bit), Intel i7 (@3.6G), 12G triple channel RAM. Computer is absolutely stable and has never crashed in the two+ years of operation. I use the mouse wheel to scroll the film strip and after two or three cycles the program quits. I've been running Capture One 7 since it first came out and this is the first problem I've had.
Glenn101

Re: Program quits while scrolling in film strip mode

Postby Glenn101 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:17 pm

Problem solved. It appears that Pro7 doesn't like Canon stitched jpeg panoramas in a directory. Every time they are included in a directory and scanned using a mouse wheel in either the grid mode or film strip mode Pro7 will freeze or cause my program to quit. Removing them allows the program to operate normally.

There seems to be a lack of compatibility between Canon software and Capture One. Zoombrowser and DPP will not display images converted by Capture One (either 6 or 7) and Capture One doesn't like Canon Stitched jpegs. A panorama stitched in Photoshop does not cause a problem.

I am running Windows 7 64bit and Capture One Pro7 64bit.
Glenn101

Re: Program quits while scrolling in film strip mode

Postby SFA » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:19 pm

Glenn101 wrote: Zoombrowser and DPP will not display images converted by Capture One (either 6 or 7) ...

Out of onterest for future reference - converted to what format?

Grant
SFA

Return to Capture One 8.x and 7.x Software