Which TIFFs can be read, which not?

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One DB and Capture One Express 8x and 7.x

Which TIFFs can be read, which not?

Postby travelboy » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:22 pm

I do some of my retouching in Photoshop and open the photos in C1 again. Some TIFF files can be displayed without problems, while other TIFF files only show as a warning sign in C1. I have tried all kinds of saving options but I cannot seem to find a pattern here: what must a TIFF file be like, so it can be displayed in C1?
travelboy

Re: Which TIFFs can be read, which not?

Postby MarkBatchelour » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:55 pm

This was a problem on C1 V5 and 6 too.

From memory, they need to be smaller than a certain size (about 250MB is the limit I think - certainly the TIFFs from my phase one scan back don't work. )

They also need to have some particular sort of colour profile - the ones from my epson scanner don't work unless i change the colour profile by running them through an automator script that applies as different colour profile. I don't have it on my laptop with me at the moment or i'd list which profile it applies.
MarkBatchelour

Postby Malcolm25 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:12 pm

One thing that I have found about CaptureOne (CO) and TIFF files is that If the TIFF file contains an 'Alpha' channel then CO will not display them. In Photoshop I try to remember to 'Flatten' the image before saving it.
Malcolm25

Postby NN99869UL11 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:30 pm

What I know is, they need the ending: ".tif"
NN99869UL11

Return to Capture One 8.x and 7.x Software