Enough is Enough - No more marketing hype for me.

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One DB and Capture One Express 8x and 7.x

Enough is Enough - No more marketing hype for me.

Postby Michael4722 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:53 pm

After many years working with C1, I have decided to throw in the proverbial towel.

I installed C1-7 a couple of weeks ago...the problems, crashes, freezing and minimal processing improvements if any are too little too late. In addition, I had hoped that the checker board rendering of noise detail would have been fixed, but no, in Phase One's infinite wisdom, perhaps they feel a few tweeks and a lot of marketing hype is all that would be needed.

I have now removed C1-6 and C1-7 from my system. Throwing good money after bad for half baked dysfunctional upgrades is something that I can no longer do. I am extremely disappointed as I loved the color rendering of C1 files, but I will just move on and not look back. Life is too short.

Good luck Phase One, it's been fun.
Michael4722

Re: Enough is Enough - No more marketing hype for me.

Postby PhaseoneUser55657 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:21 pm

Totally agree. I have never seen such a bad release and no support. I now have 11 edits stuck in the F'en program that I cannot get out. I edited them all fine, rated them 5 stars to exported when finished. Now when I select a grouping that has the edited pictures, the program crashes and crashes and crashes.

I am sorry, but 3 weeks with out some kind of update, is tooooooo long. They need there programmers fired, and some body who can actually program fix it. Almost every crash report is modifying memory after it has been released, OSX does not like that.

I know this is emotional response to a program, but AS A PROGRAMMER BY DAY, I would be shot fired and HUNG if I ever released software as bad as this.
PhaseoneUser55657

Postby NN175572UL » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:13 pm

reluctantly i have to agree completely. this whole catalog / session shift is bad enough but the constant crashing has me using lr4 and finally learning it. i would rather not be another adobe clone but phaseone you have have phased me out.
NN175572UL

Postby Alxy » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:37 pm

Michael4722 wrote:After many years working with C1, I have decided to throw in the proverbial towel.

I installed C1-7 a couple of weeks ago...the problems, crashes, freezing and minimal processing improvements if any are too little too late. In addition, I had hoped that the checker board rendering of noise detail would have been fixed, but no, in Phase One's infinite wisdom, perhaps they feel a few tweeks and a lot of marketing hype is all that would be needed.

I have now removed C1-6 and C1-7 from my system. Throwing good money after bad for half baked dysfunctional upgrades is something that I can no longer do. I am extremely disappointed as I loved the color rendering of C1 files, but I will just move on and not look back. Life is too short.

Good luck Phase One, it's been fun.

So what is the alternative? Don't cut your nose to spite your face :) The competitors are not there yet (or ever).
Alxy

Postby Tom1411 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:09 am

I have been a Capture One dslr user since 2004 (v3??) and actually went away for a while. Came back on board and really have enjoyed using v6. I'm always a little surprised when people jump on a shiny new V.0 release and then are surprised with problems. (especially those that scream and cry saying they have a HUGE IMPORTANT job in x days and now everything crashes) Even with the smaller possibility of different os versions, hardware combinations, etc. getting software rewritten to the core to run smoothly is an incredibly daunting task (anyone use Quark products?). Capture One delivers the best final results for those that use it. There are many of the new and upgraded features that make me hope to not open the other raw converters on my system once the issues are resolved. I have finally gotten what seems to be a stable test install of v7 working. I'll continue to test it until it's as rock solid as v6 has been and be tickled to death to use the new features (live view with overlay=happy joy). Be patient folks.
Tom1411

Postby ianmac » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:28 pm

Tom1411 wrote: I'm always a little surprised when people jump on a shiny new V.0 release and then are surprised with problems. (especially those that scream and cry saying they have a HUGE IMPORTANT job in x days and now everything crashes)

Well said Tom. Anyone with any intelligence will not risk updating their reliable software for a brand new release without putting safeguards in place first. Is it really so difficult for them to set up a separate partition or drive that can be used just to test new software, keeping their original system safe?

Ian
ianmac

Postby Keith Reeder » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:46 pm

Missing the point by a country mile there, lads - where does it say on this thread that anyone has risked a "production" job by jumping on Pro 7 prematurely?

Anyone with any intelligence (or at least basic reading comprehension - probably best to actually read a thread before passing judgement on its content, eh?) would realise that the issue - as with many of the Pro 7 threads - is that the software promises much and delivers little, and that Phase One is leaving people hanging without any indication of what's going to be done to address the issues many folk are encountering.

Oh and Alxy? Lightroom. Photo Ninja. DxO Optics Pro. All competition for (and frequently superior to) Capture One 7 Pro.
Keith Reeder

Postby Ulf » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:00 pm

Hi Michael

To bad you wont let support help you.
I just checked and we did help you once with an Activation in 2010 but since then you have not been in contact with us.

Keith,

Many will disagree with you. But then again, please follow the rules or don't post since this is not a constructive discussion.
You have had a Expression Media case with us a couple of years ago but not been in contact with us after that.
You can not complain about response from us if you do not contact us.

Best of luck.
Ulf
Crew
Crew

Return to Capture One 8.x and 7.x Software