Forum Access problems

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One DB and Capture One Express 8x and 7.x

Forum Access problems

Postby SFA » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:31 pm

I can't find anywhere else to make contact about this so I'll post it here for now.

Since the weekend maintenance the Forum has been difficult to get to.

None of the links in the main web site seem to work for me - everything loops back to the main .com landing screen.

I have been able to get to this forum (V7) by direct access of a history URL (including the forum number) from my IE browser. From their some of the other forums look like the are be accessible from the forum listing - i.e. connect to the V7 forum and then go "up" to the forum index.

However the C One V6 forum refuses to be accessible by any method I have attempted including direct access by forum number.

Any suggestions? I have never had an problems previously.

I would have reported this directly to forum admin if I had found a contact link. Have I missed it or do I have to create a Twitter or Facebook account for that sort of thing?

Best regards,

Grant Perkins
SFA

Re: Forum Access problems

Postby Keith Reeder » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:50 pm

I assumed that the forced redirect from the forum to the Phase One home page was a deliberate strategy to buy Phase One some breathing space to figure out what do do about the obscenely overpriced car-crash that is Capture One 7...
Keith Reeder
Keith Reeder

Postby SFA » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:47 pm

Don't know Keith but I can't see where the V6 forum unavailability would fit into that once through the gates.
SFA

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:34 pm

Maintenance during the weekend apparently took longer and the maintenance note unfortunately did not appear.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby pkurhieuyr » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:25 am

Hi,

Me too, but sweetched from Firefox to IE and all works just fine. What is not so fine is the change in policy without any warning...

F.
pkurhieuyr

Postby SFA » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:21 am

pkurhieuyr wrote:Hi,

Me too, but sweetched from Firefox to IE and all works just fine. What is not so fine is the change in policy without any warning...

F.

Interesting - but I'm already using IE.

Maybe it is a cache thing ...
SFA

Postby Jim MSP » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:32 pm

SFA wrote:
pkurhieuyr wrote:....

Yes it is.
After I cleared my Firefox cache everything came back.
Jim
Windows 10 Professional x64
i7 -8700 CPU @3.2GHz,
SSD , Physical Memory (RAM) 16.00 GB
CO 12 Pro, LR Classic
Jim MSP

Postby SFA » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:22 pm

Jim MSP wrote:
SFA wrote:
pkurhieuyr wrote:....

Yes it is.
After I cleared my Firefox cache everything came back.

Hehe. Of course I had to go the other way - my FF worked OK (but slow initially.)

Cleared temporary internet files in IE and things seem to be fine once more. I wonder what was left lying around that IE decided to keep?

It also makes me wonder whether quite a few of the issues being reported (and then sometimes cleared by updates. etc.) are also 'cache' issues of a sort within Windows. It would not be the first time and they are so often rather difficult to identify and remove without doing a clean windows install - which is often not really an option except as a last resort.

Thanks for checking Jim - helped me a lot to decide what my best course of action was. And thanks pkurhieuyr also for providing the lead in about alternative browsers. Would have tried that for display problems but did not think of it for inconsistent page access issues.

Grant Perkins
SFA

Postby Keith Reeder » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:59 pm

Jim MSP wrote:Yes it is.

It wasn't - I opened the forum in two browsers I'd never opened it in before and still got continually referred to the Phase One site.
Keith Reeder
Keith Reeder

Postby Jim MSP » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:22 pm

Keith Reeder wrote:

It wasn't - I opened the forum in two browsers I'd never opened it in before and still got continually referred to the Phase One site.

I probably should have been more specific - I did this on Tues am US time after I had been told by support that it was up and going later on Monday.
Jim
Windows 10 Professional x64
i7 -8700 CPU @3.2GHz,
SSD , Physical Memory (RAM) 16.00 GB
CO 12 Pro, LR Classic
Jim MSP

Postby SFA » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:43 am

Keith Reeder wrote:

Well that's a puzzle.

I had no problems (except for it being slow) opening with FF on this notebook. At that time IE was still playing up for the V6 forum no matter what I tried but was fine for V7 provided I accessed it directly via the specific URL.

I ran the Temporary Internet Files clearance in IE and IE now works too.

Whatever initiated the problem whenever it came along clearing the Temp Files Cache seems to have cleared it on this machine.

Grant
SFA

Return to Capture One 8.x and 7.x Software