Camera Raw & Capture One metadata .xmp sync ?

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One DB and Capture One Express 8x and 7.x

Camera Raw & Capture One metadata .xmp sync ?

Postby MuggeGHQ » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:31 pm

Hi everyone.

I have a question i can't figure. I have tried every possible settings in Capture One 7 preferences.
Adobe Camara Raw is handling canon raw metadata file with in a Sidecar .xmp all its color, etc. etc settings stored in that file (I'm using sidecar anyway)
And now i started to use Capture One Pro 7 and would love if the old settings from Camara Raw sidecar xmp settings would be automatically used if i'm using a old catalog.
What i really mean is. Is it possible to have Camara Raw and Capture One using the same sidecar .xmp settings files so every setting i made in Camara Raw or Capture One will be used in both applications.
So if i adjust something in Camara Raw and open that file in Capture One it will show the color, level etc. settings i made in Camara Raw and vise versa ?
It would be extremely handy if this is possible so no matter what application you adjust something. It will show up in either program (Camara Raw & Capture One)
Hope i made my self clear enough for you guys to understand what i'm saying :?
Thanks big time and hope someone knows this.
MuggeGHQ

Re: Camera Raw & Capture One metadata .xmp sync ?

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:59 pm

MuggeGHQ wrote:...
Is it possible to have Camara Raw and Capture One using the same sidecar .xmp settings files so every setting i made in Camara Raw or Capture One will be used in both applications.

No. You can only exchange IPTC metadata through XMP side car files. Besides that settings in raw converters are proprietary the converters at hand (ACR and Capture One) work on an entirely different basis making an exchange probably impossible.
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Return to Capture One 8.x and 7.x Software