Catalogue is useless at the moment (and so are Sessions)

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One DB and Capture One Express 8x and 7.x

Catalogue is useless at the moment (and so are Sessions)

Postby gullevek » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:53 pm

So I am trying to work with my large image base (that is fine in LR4) and put it into a Catalogue in C1 v7:

* crashes all the time, sometime a folder imports, sometimes it does not, I have no idea why. Sometimes trying it again works
* sometimes after a crash it skips images and once a folder (with sub folders) is imported I see all images in the main view (eg per month) but all the folders in this month main folder are missing and not importable again
* Even in the normal old Session view it crashes all too often when opening a folder (reminds me of the issues back in V4 O.o)
* Folders visible in the Catalogue are not automatically sorted by name, which make this totally idiotic

Really, at the moment, as amazing the RAW converter is, C1 V7 is absolutely useless for me.
gullevek

Re: Catalogue is useless at the moment (and so are Sessions)

Postby NN86 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:24 pm

At the moment C1 v7 is buggy. When i try to import raw-files into a catalogue C1 mostly crashes, and then it's not possible to change to MacOS finder kill C1. So I often have to shut down and restart. I hope there will be an update soon...!
NN86

Postby Joam » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:13 pm

I totaly agree with you!

The catalog function would be great if a session could be read by catalog function and the preview speed by catalog function would be much faster than in sessions.

But the new C1 v7 RAW engine is worth the upgrade!
Joam

Postby gullevek » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:57 am

So I found another wonderful bug in the Catalogue:

* Import a folder with sub folders
* import stalls and or C1 crashes
* re-open, see only 1/2 of the folders from the main folder imported BUT in the date view all the images are there.
* now I am without proper folders, but with the images. Very useless. No way to re-find the folders. Re-importing it just skips the images.
gullevek

Return to Capture One 8.x and 7.x Software