Few gripes.

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One DB and Capture One Express 7.x

Few gripes.

Postby ben43456 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:19 am

I love and absolutely hate the clarity tool with v7 engine. It is great for landscapes, seascapes or similar. but for anything that includes people, it sucks. The v6 so much much better!
The new engine adds too much contrast to my photos and isn't so flattering when it comes to show detail on peoples faces. Sure, I can use the HDR tools or adjust the contrast settings. But that is adding a whole extra step in editing. Something that I praised C1 having the best starting point. With v6 most of my photos are ready to go at the time of importing.
Perhaps, C1 crew can make new one curves for the cameras? And have an option to get similar clarity results as with v6 engine wit the v7 engine?
ben43456

Re: Few gripes.

Postby ronaldnztan » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:36 pm

I agree.

The official P1 won't "hear" your disatisfaction with the Clarity tool. You should be submitting the same thoughts by logging into your account and letting them know that you are not happy with the new Clarity tool.

I am learning to use less Clarity look and fixing what I wanted in PS. In the previous version 6, the way how the Clarity took worked was perfect. Using a value of around "30" is great to giving images the extra "pop" and works generally on all kinds of images.

The new Clarity is picky! If you have a model photographed in front of a grey or dark grey background and you try running a value of 30 using the version 7 new look, you will see a dreadful glob in the interfacing region between your model and the background.
ronaldnztan
photographer

Social

http://ronaldnztan.com
http://blog.ronaldnztan.com
[urlhttps://facebook.com/ronaldnztan.photographer[/url]
ronaldnztan

Postby ben43456 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:21 pm

I did sent in a support case just the other day. I bet they'll shrug it off like they always do.
ben43456

Postby Jim MSP » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:43 am

ben43456 wrote:I did sent in a support case just the other day. I bet they'll shrug it off like they always do.

I just think they are overwhelmed right now.
Jim
Jim
Windows 10 Professional x64
i7 -8700 CPU @3.2GHz,
SSD , Physical Memory (RAM) 16.00 GB
CO 12 Pro, LR Classic
Jim MSP

Postby ben43456 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:51 am

Jim MSP wrote:
ben43456 wrote:I did sent in a support case just the other day. I bet they'll shrug it off like they always do.

I just think they are overwhelmed right now.
Jim

I have sent in support cases in the past (before v6) it seems hopeless sometimes to even suggest anything to them. *shrug*
ben43456

Return to Capture One 7.x Software