Lens correction

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One DB and Capture One Express 8x and 7.x

Lens correction

Postby Michael17 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:47 am

I have just upgraded to C1v7 PRO. There is finally lens correction for my collection of Canon lenses, which is great. Is there any way of getting the software to apply the lens correction automatically, based on the lens used? Alternatively, is there any way of having C1 always display the lens used beneath the photo being viewed, rather then having to call up the info tab?
Michael17

Re: Lens correction

Postby Michael17 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:19 pm

Replying to my own post ... it would seem this is done automatically only if the files have not yet been seen by a previous version of Capture One.
Michael Ben-Gershon
Michael17

Re: Lens correction

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:55 pm

I have noticed the same behavior (on Mac), but it is not consistent. Importing a set of images with CO6 or older adjustments does automatically set the correct lens profile for a certain amount of images (say 50%). Importing the same set without adjustments applies the profiles automatically to the same and some more but not all images.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Return to Capture One 8.x and 7.x Software