Phase One needs to Acknowledge the Bugs in 7

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One DB and Capture One Express 8x and 7.x

Phase One needs to Acknowledge the Bugs in 7

Postby PhaseoneUser55657 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:49 pm

I don't know about any one else, but I am a little upset that it does not seem like Phase One is acknowledging that CO7 has any problems. To me they should be pulling the sale of the product until the problems with Crash Reports are fixed.

I have not seen any recommended solutions. I am at the point now, where I have one session, with about 400 files, about 100 rated. Most of the time CO7 can come up, but as soon as I try to either scroll through the browser, or change the rating filter it crashes.

Anyone know the CEO and or Quality Director Name and number. I would like to call them and really give them a piece of my mind. In the meantime I plan on every few hours putting in a new support case, until they give me some indication of what they are doing to fix the issues. This is just totally unacceptable.
PhaseoneUser55657

Re: Phase One needs to Acknowledge the Bugs in 7

Postby CT » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:32 am

Hi,

I do agree with the above statement. C1 is the one and only application I know of (at least on my machine) that crashes regularly. If it was not that good when it actually works I would not hesitate to throw it out.

Greetings.
CT

Postby Dave241 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:50 am

CT wrote:Hi,

I do agree with the above statement. C1 is the one and only application I know of (at least on my machine) that crashes regularly. If it was not that good when it actually works I would not hesitate to throw it out.

Greetings.

+1
Dave...
Dave241

Postby Edward51 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:47 pm

If you have V6 as well as V7 - just use V6 for now.
I use Capture One everyday and there's no way I'm going to work with V7 b/c of the numerous issues that come up.
I don't know why they don't expand the beta testing to more users.
I haven't spent much time in V7 so I can't say if will have these issues, but if you've used Capture One for any amount of time - you would know to not rely on an initial release.
Edward51

Postby Phil12 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:36 pm

Isn't it interesting that they dumped the Express version of C7, raised the price from $99 to $250 for upgrades from C6 Express, and it crashes. I'm searching for a new raw converter.
Phil12

Postby Knud Erik » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:28 am

PhaseoneUser55657 wrote:I don't know about any one else, but I am a little upset that it does not seem like Phase One is acknowledging that CO7 has any problems. To me they should be pulling the sale of the product until the problems with Crash Reports are fixed.

I have not seen any recommended solutions. I am at the point now, where I have one session, with about 400 files, about 100 rated. Most of the time CO7 can come up, but as soon as I try to either scroll through the browser, or change the rating filter it crashes.

Anyone know the CEO and or Quality Director Name and number. I would like to call them and really give them a piece of my mind. In the meantime I plan on every few hours putting in a new support case, until they give me some indication of what they are doing to fix the issues. This is just totally unacceptable.

I very much agree - It is very frustrating and PhaseOne looses a lot of user trust. It is far from a good experience to work with a program that crashes and have bugs that makes important features not usable.

I think PhaseOne could alleviate the frustration by telling about the bugs they know and which they expect to fix soon – and next time have better beta test.
Last edited by Knud Erik on Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Knud Erik

Postby g.2 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:17 am

7.0 feels like 4.x
g.2

Postby Tilman » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:50 am

Yes, it is really annoying how often this software crashes and working around all the bugs. We should bill all the lost working time to PhaseOne, maybe this would change something in their politics…
Tilman

Postby NN176397UL2 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:03 am

Hi,
I have been using CO7
it crashed on a regular basis. frustating..
HOWEVER
since I have the following settings...

Anzeige (eng -show?) :-Never
Verarbeiten: (eng-?) :-Never

There have been no crashes!! A coincidence?

i don't undersatnd what it is all about -hardware optimization(?) OPEN CL it would be nice if there were direct links to on online help (? buttons) as these helpful hints are indeed else where on the interface. (this is a feature request!!!)

cross my fingers hope this helps..others...

I think there is a bug with reading and writing Ratings and doing this back and forth in this and other programmes.. it should be a universal language...
Rupert
Rupert
Mac OS X 10.6.8
2.93 GHz Intel Core i7
8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
NN176397UL2

Postby David Grover » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:29 am

Hi All,

We are working hard for the 7.0.1 release of Capture One Pro 7.

There is a very wide net of beta testers but unfortunately various combinations of hardware / OS / GPU do come up that can cause issues. If you do get a crash and an option to submit the crash report then please do so. Its a huge help to solving the issues.

I don't believe pulling the sale is necessary. We have many good reports of people have very positive experiences as well with record downlaods from our servers. After all a fully functional free 60 day trial is available.

Ralph - correct we have found some issues with Ratings and working on a fix.

Best Regards,

David
David Grover
Crew
Crew

Postby g.2 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:29 pm

hi david,
thanks for the resonse. i know about my bad english but could you please be so kind to consider the points i have added before viewtopic.php?f=46&t=13068&p=59902#p59902
i would like to work with 7.x as soon as possible because i really like some of the new features.
g.
g.2

Postby PhaseoneUser55657 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:43 pm

Well,
I would give one reason to pull phase one for time being. If someone downloads the 60 day trial, and crashes on them how likely are they to want to buy the program. I for one would not buy a program that is as buggy as 7. I doubt they will even take a second look at it. I just bought 6 a few months ago, and if I was looking today, I would just never even look at the CO7 again. Other companies have released either an upgrade or patch, and then pulled it when they found issues, to me that makes it look like the company looks out for its users. PhaseOne on the other hand leaves a product they know has a lot of bugs out there, how does that say they are looking out for their customers.

I had 6 and upgraded to 7 when it was released. Every crash report I send in, some look like they are going to Apple, and some to you, so your development team may want to contact apple about getting those reports. I would bet your software team has switch over to ARC (on the Mac), and is having issues with that. Because most of the crash reports are about using memory after it has already been freed.

Again it is nice you are working on 7.0.1, but if it is released and crash as much as 7, I will shout from the mountain tops to stay away from CO7 forever, as I don't believe you do enough testing and quality control, or care enough about your customers.
PhaseoneUser55657

Postby NNN634439311409249401 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:09 pm

That is quite an emotional response. Nothing wrong with that but some of your conclusions are flawed because of it.

The software has never once crashed on my old Mac system but It would be silly of me to assume that means Phase One's testing process is perfect. Similarly if it crashed all the time that wouldn't necessarily mean the testing process was rubbish. We're not involved, we don't know.

The fact that it works as it is supposed to on many people's machines means that you, and other people with problems, have a peculiarity of hardware combinations or software conflicts, that have not yet been accomodated in the code. This is understandable, inevitable even but regretable all the same. We all have the same app with the same code so generalisations regarding bug laden releases and withdrawing releases are silly and misleading.

The 60 day free trial should at least have ensured that most of the problem cases have not resulted in premature purchases, just frustration that version 6 has to be used until version becomes available/useable to them.

I have always found Phase One's customer service to be excellent.
NNN634439311409249401

Postby ianmac » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:09 pm

NNN634439311409249401 wrote:That is quite an emotional response. Nothing wrong with that but some of your conclusions are flawed because of it.
I have always found Phase One's customer service to be excellent.

+1
Ian

Mcr, UK
ianmac

Postby Matt32 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:42 pm

Does Phase One have a competent in-house QA team that actually tests this stuff and consults with Beta Testers in the field? Do those QA testers find solutions, workarounds, and communicate directly to the developers?

I worked QA for years for a software company*, and release after release tell me something is seriously lacking in the Quality Assurance department. No software company should be releasing a product with so many holes in it with a competent team in place.

*I also ran the digital capture department of the most high end capture/retouching house in the business.

Seriously guys, if you need someone to run QA, hit me up I am looking for a job as it is.
Last edited by Matt32 on Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt32

Next

Return to Capture One 8.x and 7.x Software