Pentax 645 tricks?

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One DB and Capture One Express 8x and 7.x

Pentax 645 tricks?

Postby Chawn_Crawley » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:04 am

I handled a Pentax 645 with the 90mm macro last weekend at PhotoPlus. As I'm looking toward upgrading to a medium format system, I must say that I loved that lens and the camera itself handled nicely. I was turned off by having only USB out, among other things. I need my mfd to handle tethered work as a must. So, I realize that Capture One does not support this, and while I'm likely not to go with the Pentax, I wanted to just entertain my options.
If I used the software Pentax provides for tethered shooting, is there some sort of "watched folder" or other trick in Capture One to be able to interface with the files "as they're being shot"?
Thanks for any ideas.
Chawn_Crawley

Re: Pentax 645 tricks?

Postby Nicolas » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:07 am

Hi NNN634319595153020553
I do have a Pentax 645D for almost a year.
You have to know that the 645D PEF files aren't supported by C1.
However you can shoot DNG (instead of PEF) in camera or convert your PEF to DNG with Adobe DNG converter.
As I never shoot tethered, I can't answer your other questions.
If you want to have a chance that one day 645D PEF files would be supported, you'll have to pressure Pentax marketing services and claim that they collaborate with Phase on this… This is the answer I had from Phase to the support case I did raise.
That camera is superb and delivers magnificent files, very well derawtized (thru DNG) by C1.
I have abandoned LR4 since C1 V7 came out a few days ago : ))
Nicolas

Postby HCS » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:21 pm

I don't know anything about Pentax or MF for that matter, but hot folder support is there. Peruse the forum a bit (the CO6 forum), because it is actually a well documented work around for some non-supported cameras.
HCS

Postby Chawn_Crawley » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:31 pm

Thanks! I checked out the Hot Folder and it looks like the workaround that I'd need.
Chawn_Crawley

Return to Capture One 8.x and 7.x Software