CO7 doesn't recognize my license code

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One DB and Capture One Express 8x and 7.x

CO7 doesn't recognize my license code

Postby David Cohen de Lara » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:23 pm

My code shows up twice in the list but when I try to select one I get:
"Could not activate because the license code is disabled."

I'm still running 6 on the same machine because 7 so far has been crashing with almost anything I do. But I would like to set up 7 as far as I can get it which would mean activating the license code.
David Cohen de Lara

Re: CO7 doesn't recognize my license code

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:57 pm

If you have upgraded your CO6 license to CO7, but wish to use CO6 for some time, use the CO7 key to activate your CO6 setup. Your original CO6 key is disabled after the upgrade and can not be used anymore.
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby David Cohen de Lara » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:43 am

Done! Thanks for your help.
David Cohen de Lara

Postby picman2 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:54 pm

Paul_E wrote:If you have upgraded your CO6 license to CO7, but wish to use CO6 for some time, use the CO7 key to activate your CO6 setup. Your original CO6 key is disabled after the upgrade and can not be used anymore.

So do I understand correctly Paul that I can use both CO6 and CO7 on the same computer with the license code of version7, and that this would not count as 2 licenses? That would be great because I feel that I might need to go back to version 6 for a while until the initial buggies of v7 are resolved. And I would like to have the same setup on my MBP, hence the question re license-count.

Cheers, Bob.
picman2

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:58 pm

picman2 wrote:
Paul_E wrote:If you have upgraded your CO6 license to CO7, but wish to use CO6 for some time, use the CO7 key to activate your CO6 setup. Your original CO6 key is disabled after the upgrade and can not be used anymore.

So do I understand correctly Paul that I can use both CO6 and CO7 on the same computer with the license code of version7, and that this would not count as 2 licenses? That would be great because I feel that I might need to go back to version 6 for a while until the initial buggies of v7 are resolved. And I would like to have the same setup on my MBP, hence the question re license-count.

Not sure about the number of activation counts (1 or 2) when you install CO6 & 7 on 1 computer. You can try this out. Don't worry, from the license manager (online, login with your Phase One account) you can always retrieve all activations.
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Return to Capture One 8.x and 7.x Software