Help for soon to be ex Lightroom user.

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One DB and Capture One Express 8x and 7.x

Help for soon to be ex Lightroom user.

Postby jafpix » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:17 am

Hi,
I've recently purchased CO Pro 7 and am slowly starting to get used to it. I am/have been a Lightroom user and one of the features that I often used was the Edit in PS feature. By simply hitting the Ctrl-E shortcut whichever image I had selected would be opened in PS and if I subsequently saved the tif or psd that resulted, that file would be added to the catalog alongside the original with no further effort on my part.

So far it looks like getting an equivalent result in CO requires output processing the image as a tif and having it automatically opened in photoshop, but then I would have to manually add the resultant saved image to the CO catalog, a somewhat more unwieldy process.

I really just want to be able to select and then easily retouch an image and have it then reside alongside the original in my catalog. Is there some option or functionality in CO Pro 7 that I've missed that would facilitate this, or perhaps an alternative workflow I should try.

Thanks for any help.

John
jafpix

Re: Help for soon to be ex Lightroom user.

Postby Geoff » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:43 pm

I'm wondering about the exact same thing.

By the way, I'm a complete beginner to C1, but it looks like you can right-click an image, click "export variant", and in the pop-up dialogue box you can choose PSD as your file type, and also have it opened in PS. Perhaps you knew this already though.

But yes, the automatic round trip to PS and back in LR is a huge feature.
Geoff

Re: Help for soon to be ex Lightroom user.

Postby pkurhieuyr » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:12 pm

If frequent crashes do not bother you, good luck with C1.
pkurhieuyr

Return to Capture One 8.x and 7.x Software