CRASH, CRASH and MORE CRASHES

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One DB and Capture One Express 7.x

Re: CRASH, CRASH and MORE CRASHES

Postby Edward51 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:03 pm

Ed12 wrote:Saturday morning I upgraded to 7. I had about 600 images in a folder that had to be processed rush before going out of town.

for next time - if you had to rush process files before going out of town - I wouldn't recommend updating any pertinent software until its been out long enough that any kinks and/or user error are worked out.
Edward51

Postby David Cohen de Lara » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:13 pm

I just want to add that COpro7 has been nothing but crashes for me too. I can hardly view a few images before the whole thing freezes up again. Changing the order of my favorites is a repeatable crash.

I'm still running 6 on the same machine because I need to get work done but I'd really like to use the new engine and HDR tools.

Does anybody have a fix?
David Cohen de Lara

Postby NN176397UL2 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:16 pm

Hello David Cohen de Lara,
I think it should be said here....without fear of repeating myself, with a quote from another part of the forum..explaining it..Thanks Sascha!

.....the OpenCL settings found in:

CaptureOne -> Preferences -> General -> Hardware Acceleration.

Set both to „Never“ and check whether CO-7 works more stable than before. Depending on your hardware and drivers installed, OpenCL can be a tad flackey. Installing newer video drivers can work, too, but sometimes involves dealing with beta drivers by AMD or NVIDIA, so if disabling OpenCL acceleration works for you, this might be the preferable option.

Cheers,
-Sascha

since changing the setting "OpenCL" to "Never" in Prferences.. all is well, that was my fix.. no crashing for me since,
Love the app..
Rupert
Mac OS X 10.6.8
2.93 GHz Intel Core i7
8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
NN176397UL2

Postby GavinMeek » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:51 am

For me I have not really got past trying to import an existing directory of images (99% DNG v7.1, 1% JPG or TIFF) It appears to make no difference if OpenCL is on or off.

Back to LR4.2 for now, ah well.

Will wait for Patch 1
GavinMeek

Postby CT » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:58 pm

HCS wrote:If you're having problems with CO7, then just re-install CO6. Works just fine. I did.

Me, too. Not seeing my self spending any money on the update soon; not for beta testing.
CT

Postby PhaseoneUser55657 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:27 pm

Well, I have gotten around the issue with 90% of the crashes, buy not using either sessions or the catalog.

Create a Dummy session. Make sure OpenCL is off.

Then just use the navigator to find the file I want to edit, NEVER, import the image into the session, always work through the navigator.

Now, I don't really consider this any type of solution, as it renders the whole purpose of the "Session" and "Catalog" features useless. Can't do smart albums, and other things, because CO7 does not really know about the images. It is a real pain, because I keep separate directories for each session of a shoot. With the current issues with CO7, I have no way to combine them so I can look at the shoot as a whole, I have to do everything on a session by session basis.

I hope the 7.01 comes out soon, and fixes the issues, as it is about to the point where I switch back to another package, and let CO7 die.
PhaseoneUser55657

Postby rave81 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:19 pm

add more ram memory, i maxed out my memory to 64gb, It decreased the crashes between 1 to 2 per day ;).
rave81

Postby Julen » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:01 pm

I have upgraded from 6GB to 20GB, seems to work better, but eventhough if compared with LR, is slow, crashes, opening the catalog (I have 17000 photos) takes time, also for importing all these photos I had to do it little by little.......

In other words a complete disaster, very good raw converting but in terms of catalog..........

I am not going to waste more money in memory...... the 6GB with same 17000 images work fine in LR 4, the 17000 with 20GB do not work as smooth in C1 7......
Julen

Previous

Return to Capture One 7.x Software