Processing Time compared with 6

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One DB and Capture One Express 7.x

Processing Time compared with 6

Postby eddie122 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:46 am

I feel that 7.x is moving in the right direction but still a little slow and buggy - some of the copy settings and paste not working fluently yet with Nikon D3 files but Phase One P45 seemed smoother -My main concern is the processing time, if not mistaken, maybe 50% slower on both sets of files.

I'm sure, as more feedback comes in, it will smooth all these glitches out as with previous version.

I have to say the crop tool is not as stubborn as it used to be, which is refreshing.

Not shot tethered yet, so no comment.

Still a loyal user from the beginning and won't be going away anytime soon.

Operating System
eddie122

Re: Processing Time compared with 6

Postby Drew » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:48 am

eddie122 wrote:...My main concern is the processing time, if not mistaken, maybe 50% slower on both sets of files.

This has certainly not been our experience in testing as Capture One 7 is much faster than Capture One 6. If your system is able to take advantage of the OpenCL drivers for processing, it's even faster.
If you're still having issues I'd suggest you create a support case so we can look into the issue one on one with you to try and find the problem.
Kind Regards,
Drew
Phase One
Drew
Crew
Crew

Postby eddie122 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:52 am

Thanks Drew that's interesting - Re the Open Cl - Can you help out here - I have read in the past that there have been issues with this can you help me with the correct settings and where and how to check and change if necessary to achieve optimum performance.

Any other tweaks that we the users can do would be much appreciated.

Thanks again for you quick response

Eddie
eddie122

Postby Drew » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:58 am

Eddie,
The options for OpenCL are very straight forward, either On or Off (Automatic or Never). Please test the software with these preferences, one for Display and one for Processing, in different configurations to see if performance changes.
Kind Regards,
Drew
Phase One
Drew
Crew
Crew

Postby eddie122 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:25 pm

Will do... be back this aft with results.

Thanks Ed
eddie122

Return to Capture One 7.x Software