Old Surface Slider Still Showing

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One DB and Capture One Express 7.x

Old Surface Slider Still Showing

Postby Paul Silk » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:10 am

If I open CO7 without a image showing the new noise controls are their (detail slider at 50%), if I open it with a image already selected or bring one into it then it reverts to the old Surface slider set at 0.

This also happens even if I bring a image in that has not been opened previously in CO6 and therefor does not have a CO6 sidecar file.

Is this normal or just a bug I am experiancing?
Paul Silk

Re: Old Surface Slider Still Showing

Postby Lionel12 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:43 am

If you use the Capture One 6 engine the detail slide is hidden and the (6.x) surface slider appears.

If you create a new Variant (f7) the detail slider re-appears - this is as it should be.

-Lionel
Lionel12
Crew
Crew

Postby Paul Silk » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:34 am

I'm using the Capture 7 Engine but thank you for the tip on creating a variant (maybe it's because I still have CO6 on my computer) and wow that sharpening and noise reduction is much better. :)

PS the only problem when I now try to output the variant as a jpeg I get cannot proccess image!

So the question is what good is this new noise feature when I cannot use it?

PPS Scrap that as it is exporting it even though the message cannot process image comes up.
Paul Silk

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:20 pm

Tip: do not run CO6 and CO7 concurrently. It may prevent processing.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Return to Capture One 7.x Software