Built-in Styles and Presets

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One DB and Capture One Express 7.x

Built-in Styles and Presets

Postby Ario » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:32 am

I have not checked everything but it seems to me that Built-in Styles and Presets are the same as in CO 6 even if the engine is substantially different and certain tools do not exist any more (e.g. surface smoothness).
I have seen this also on a new machine where CO6 has never been installed.
Am I wrong or there is a cut and paste issue to be fixed?
Ario
Ario

Re: Built-in Styles and Presets

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:45 am

Are you referring to the Smoothness slider in CO6's Noise Reduction Advanced tool? Seems to be replaced/renamed to Details slider in CO7.

CO6 and 7 use the same folders for Styles and Presets. However, with the new CO7 engine, some tools might have a different effect. I expect you might want to recreate some of your styles and presets in CO7 to get the desired effect. Have not tried and tested this yet into detail. Would be interested to hear.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby Ario » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:33 am

The folders with the Built-in Styles and Presets are located inside the respective Application package: I have checked a couple of them in the Advanced Noise Reduction area and the files seem to be identical both in CO6 and CO7, and both referring to the smoothness slider which in CO7 does not exist.
Ario
Ario

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:41 am

In my reply I had the custom styles and presets in mind, not the built-in. My fault. Have not looked into the built-in ones yet.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Return to Capture One 7.x Software