CO 6 / CO7 / Media Pro.

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One DB and Capture One Express 8x and 7.x

CO 6 / CO7 / Media Pro.

Postby UCS308 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:05 am

Can I have CO6 and CO7 running on the same machine?

Is there any change in the way EIP's are handled. I have a lot of EIP files in my archive before I start importing them into CO7 I want to ensure they are not going to be screwed up.

Is Media Pro still relevant?
UCS308

Re: CO 6 / CO7 / Media Pro.

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:38 am

3 questions

A1) Yes, you can have both CO6 and CO7 installed on the same machine. Note that this is not the preferred setup but it works. Just rename the app folder and install the second instance of CO. CO6 and CO7 have distinct preference, session and settings files (up to EIP). CO7 will migrate each on first opening, leaving the old one intact. As a result you can not exchange settings back and forth, it is a one-time, one-way migration.

A2) EIPs from CO6 (and earlier I think, not tested) are handled like separate settings files. In my testing both CO6 and CO7 store their own settings in the EIP, with CO7 migrating the CO6 settings on first opening. What you should prevent is unpacking and packing again an EIP in CO6 after you have made adjustments in CO7: the CO7 adjustments get lost.

A3) The million dollar question or just personal preference? I am not a Media Pro wiz, but it can handle non-image files and has more features which are not in the CO7 catalog. But the CO7 catalog feature might do it all for you.
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Return to Capture One 8.x and 7.x Software