Can't get layers to work.

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One DB and Capture One Express 8x and 7.x

Can't get layers to work.

Postby ben43456 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:22 am

I know, I know, make a support case. But I am just curious is anyone having this issue?
ben43456

Re: Can't get layers to work.

Postby ronaldnztan » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:04 am

Try clicking the "down" triangle menu on the tool of your choice in the Local Adjustment Panel and select, "Adjust Selected Layer." This got confusing for me at first.
ronaldnztan

Postby ben43456 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:53 am

ronaldnztan wrote:Try clicking the "down" triangle menu on the tool of your choice in the Local Adjustment Panel and select, "Adjust Selected Layer." This got confusing for me at first.

Thanks, it works now.

I wonder why would they chose this route now?
ben43456

Postby ronaldnztan » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:21 am

Beats me.

I am going to submit a case report to restore the old way of working with local adjustments and not have to click on the extra step.

Also, try to add several gradients on the same layer. You will see it won't work. Let's say that I want to darken the left edge, I activate the gradient and create the gradient mask on the left edge. No problem. Now, try to darken the right edge and you will see when once your draw the right edge mask, the left edge's effect will disappear.

I think that's a flaw. I could be able to combine brush masks AND gradient masks on the SAME local adjustment layer.

ben43456 wrote:
ronaldnztan wrote:Try clicking the "down" triangle menu on the tool of your choice in the Local Adjustment Panel and select, "Adjust Selected Layer." This got confusing for me at first.

Thanks, it works now.

I wonder why would they chose this route now?
ronaldnztan

Return to Capture One 8.x and 7.x Software