Bugs

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One DB and Capture One Express 8x and 7.x

Bugs

Postby rave81 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:49 am

I encountered several bugs in your new Capture one 7 Pro.
1. Very slow to view images when in using the catalog system compared to sessions.
2. images stored in subfolders are not imported to a catalog.
3. Sudden quit/ hanging.
4. I noticed that this version is memory hungry compared to version 6 out. It consumes all my 32 gb of ram.
5. Hanging when tethered shoot using Nikon D800E.

Anyone else having this problem?
rave81

Re: Bugs

Postby nggalai » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:08 am

It feels slower than CO6 here, too. Turning preview size down to my screen dimensions (1920x1080) brought it back to CO6 viewing speeds, though. Per default, previews seem to be set to 2560x1600.

As for subfolder import in catalog mode, there’s a checkbox “include subfolders” that works for me. Your mileage may vary, though, depending on OS and computer. I heard from lots of Windows 7 users who wanted to give CO7 a spin that the application crashes or hangs often. I guess this might be due to OpenCL settings and driver/hardware combinations. On my Mac, CO7 runs reasonably stable when disabling OpenCL.
nggalai

Postby NN263174UL » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:10 am

I also noticed a lot a instability in this version (7.0 on OSX 10.7.5). I have to launch at least 5 times the program in order to get the main screen (the fourth previous time, the main window just appear and crash).

And when it's launched, the program could crash at anytime (and sometimes it take a while to kill the process).

I hope that all these stability issues will be soon fixed!
NN263174UL

Postby Markus231 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:20 am

- Thumbs do not render sometimes
- "enable black and white" sometimes has no effect in folders with C1 V6 data. All sliders must be set manually to zero first
- i do not want to compare speed with LR and bridge... :-|
Markus231

Postby eisbaer » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:55 am

1. Slow Speed - in which View (Fit / 50 / 100%) are you viewing you picture? When I browse pictures in fit image mode, I have a delay of about 1/2 a second until the image is displayed sharp. When I use 100% view it feels a little bit longer.
Its not as instant as in the Library of LR. But its about the time LR 4.1 needed to switch from one to the next picture in LR 4.1 in the develop module. This was speeded up a lot in LR 4.2, so I think there might be possible improvements down the road.

2. Not importing images in subfolders. Look closely at the import settings and you will see the button import images in subfolders ... :D

3. Memory consumption. On my MBP Retina C17 uses about 3.5 GB of my 16 GB of RAM at the moment.
eisbaer
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby rave81 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:32 am

I've included the subfolders on the option, i tried it three times already, and its not importing the images inside a subfolder.
rave81

Postby eisbaer » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:44 am

Try the following.

Make a new catalog from the scratch. Then activate the option Import Subfolders. then try again.

I had the problem that when I imported first my images into a catalog and didn't clicked the subfolder option, C1 7 seemed to ignore the files "already" imported. So try this and check if they are appearing.
I assume you checked that the images are still in the subfolder and that C1 has not moved the images to another place when importing? As you have an option to move the originals during import to a catalog or another place
eisbaer
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby Jelena » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:26 am

Somehow the Local Adjustments won´t work. I can use the brush and I get a new layer but when I try to make an adjustment (like brightness) it works on the whole picture instead of only the layer.
Have I done anything wrong? I used Capture One 6 the whole time and it worked.
Jelena

Return to Capture One 8.x and 7.x Software