Removing Catalog without deleting files

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One DB and Capture One Express 8x and 7.x

Removing Catalog without deleting files

Postby J.Egballe - www.egballe.dk » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:26 pm

I was a little too fast for my own good - I know RTFM - but I rushed ahead and pressed import and chose my 2012 folder with loads of subfolders. About 700+ images into the import I started to realize that I had not chosen wisely and I panicked and stopped the import. Now I suspect that there is a big file somewhere of that catalog, which I would like to delete and start over, but I do NOT want to delete any images!! I did choose to leave the files in their current location and not to store them in the catalog, but I noticed that it was generating previews which must take up some room on my drive.

Please advise - I promise to watch the tutorials until the end this time before starting over :-)

PS: Can't wait to get started - thank you for updating!
J.Egballe - www.egballe.dk

Re: Removing Catalog without deleting files

Postby Drew » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:54 pm

If you created a "Referenced" Catalog then the RAW files just remained where they were and you can delete the catalog you started, then create a new one. The catalog will just contain the previews for the files and adjustments, depending on how the settings are the previews could take up a bit of space.
Drew
Crew
Crew

Re: Removing Catalog without deleting files

Postby J.Egballe - www.egballe.dk » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:04 pm

Phew, Thanks Drew :-)

Looking forward to exploring the new features!

Sincerely
Jørgen
J.Egballe - www.egballe.dk

Return to Capture One 8.x and 7.x Software