Removing Catalog without deleting files

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One DB and Capture One Express 7.x

Removing Catalog without deleting files

Postby J.Egballe - www.egballe.dk » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:26 pm

I was a little too fast for my own good - I know RTFM - but I rushed ahead and pressed import and chose my 2012 folder with loads of subfolders. About 700+ images into the import I started to realize that I had not chosen wisely and I panicked and stopped the import. Now I suspect that there is a big file somewhere of that catalog, which I would like to delete and start over, but I do NOT want to delete any images!! I did choose to leave the files in their current location and not to store them in the catalog, but I noticed that it was generating previews which must take up some room on my drive.

Please advise - I promise to watch the tutorials until the end this time before starting over :-)

PS: Can't wait to get started - thank you for updating!
J.Egballe - www.egballe.dk

Re: Removing Catalog without deleting files

Postby Drew » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:54 pm

If you created a "Referenced" Catalog then the RAW files just remained where they were and you can delete the catalog you started, then create a new one. The catalog will just contain the previews for the files and adjustments, depending on how the settings are the previews could take up a bit of space.
Kind Regards,
Drew
Phase One
Drew
Crew
Crew

Re: Removing Catalog without deleting files

Postby J.Egballe - www.egballe.dk » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:04 pm

Phew, Thanks Drew :-)

Looking forward to exploring the new features!

Sincerely
Jørgen
J.Egballe - www.egballe.dk

Return to Capture One 7.x Software