Output jpeg show black Output file too small

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One DB and Capture One Express 7.x

Output jpeg show black Output file too small

Postby jcboyer » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:24 pm

The Recipe calls for a JPEG of quality 80... Summary shows file size 877 kb. Actual file size: 12 kb. C1 is still creating Proxies from last import.
Jérôme Boyer
jcboyer

Re: Output jpeg show black Output file too small

Postby Drew » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:29 pm

I'd wait until your Proxie is generated. If the issue continues give us the specifics of the Process Recipe in a support case and we'll have a look. It may be the new Jpeg2000 compression which isn't a fan of super small files.
Kind Regards,
Drew
Phase One
Drew
Crew
Crew

Postby jcboyer » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:33 pm

Same issue with TIFF output. It looks like the Rendering module is not working.

Using i7 Windows 7 64 bit. No problem with Version 6.4.2

Help is welcomed...
Jérôme Boyer
jcboyer

Postby jcboyer » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:40 pm

Drew wrote:I'd wait until your Proxie is generated. If the issue continues give us the specifics of the Process Recipe in a support case and we'll have a look. It may be the new Jpeg2000 compression which isn't a fan of super small files.

I will keep you posted... 4 hours to go!!!
Jérôme Boyer
jcboyer

Postby Drew » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:44 pm

Just a quick tip...
If you're creating a catalog and you have a long time to go, click on a collection title as appose to the actual collection folder to speed up the process. That is to say, click on the title "Recent imports" as appose to the time stamp of recent imports that holds the files. You can't browse while this is selected obviously but you can speed up the process by freeing up the software's demand :wink:
Kind Regards,
Drew
Phase One
Drew
Crew
Crew

Postby jcboyer » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:03 pm

jcboyer wrote:
Drew wrote:I'd wait until your Proxie is generated. If the issue continues give us the specifics of the Process Recipe in a support case and we'll have a look. It may be the new Jpeg2000 compression which isn't a fan of super small files.

I will keep you posted... 4 hours to go!!!

Well... after reinstall (2 times), new updated video driver, change of of Catalog...using Sessions -- no output in either TIFF or JPEG.

However, it works when starting a new session and making sure there is NO Capture One folder for the directory selected for the images. If such "directory (Capture One - Version 6) exist... the Process does NOT work.

Sorry if that look convoluted, but it seems to me that C1_V7 prefers starting from scratch!
Jérôme Boyer
jcboyer

Postby jcboyer » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:52 am

Related? When checking the Processes running, I notice CaptureOne.exe *32 in addition to CaptureOne.exe.

I thought C1 was 64 bit? Why the 32 bit stub? When I kill the 32 bit process, it does not seem to harm...

Just curious.

On a positive side, I just got a few pictures developed with Version 7. The results are excellent. At 1600 ISO (Canon 7D) low light night shots show very reduced noise, as compared to Version 6. IMO, that in itself is worth the upgrade. :D :D
Jérôme Boyer
jcboyer

Postby ben43456 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:42 am

Not sure if this is related, but I started to get black photos with batch processing. I fixed it by turning off processing for openCL. It seems to fix this.

I hope the guys and gals at C1 can fix this soon.
ben43456

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:17 pm

ben43456 wrote:Not sure if this is related, but I started to get black photos with batch processing. I fixed it by turning off processing for openCL. It seems to fix this.

I hope the guys and gals at C1 can fix this soon.

Try updating your video card drivers. Might help too. And try OpenCL again for processing.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Return to Capture One 7.x Software