License question

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One DB and Capture One Express 8x and 7.x

License question

Postby GoranLjubuncic » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:19 pm

Hello,

When I go to Preferences > Update it says I have version 7.0 available. I assume it means I'm eligible for free upgrade to version 7. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Assuming I'm correct, the question is, if I install version 7 two months from now for example, will still be able to upgrade without any fee?

Goran
GoranLjubuncic

Re: License question

Postby Drew » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:28 pm

GoranLjubuncic wrote:Hello,

When I go to Preferences > Update it says I have version 7.0 available. I assume it means I'm eligible for free upgrade to version 7. Correct me if I'm wrong.

You may be wrong. This simply indicates that a newer version of the software is available, it does not guarantee that your Key is viable to activate it. Check your Product Key itself on your Phase One Account to see if it lists "1 Free Upgrade".

GoranLjubuncic wrote:Assuming I'm correct, the question is, if I install version 7 two months from now for example, will still be able to upgrade without any fee?

Assuming that you have a free upgrade, it is good to activate Capture One 7 until the end of time (or the internet whichever comes first).
Drew
Crew
Crew

Return to Capture One 8.x and 7.x Software