First Bug C7 ?

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One DB and Capture One Express 8x and 7.x

Re: First Bug C7 ?

Postby Luke_Miller » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:15 pm

"M" key for turning mask display on and off works here (Windows 7 64bit). The Draw Mask tool must be selected and the adjustment layer active.
Luke_Miller

Postby Jean1 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:24 pm

Luke_Miller wrote:"M" key for turning mask display on and off works here (Windows 7 64bit). The Draw Mask tool must be selected and the adjustment layer active.

Yes, both conditions are filled but the "M" key has no effect on my rig.
Jean1

Postby Jean1 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:34 pm

Reply from support :

Quote :
Jean,
1. Please use the Tools on the "Local Adjustment" Tab as the same tool in another tab will effect the whole image. This is a new feature to speed up workflow so that switching from layer 1 to layer 2 is not necessary. Also, as long as the "Brush" or "Erase" tool is selected the adjustments will be active.

2. This does work but currently seems a bit "sticky" we're looking into why that is as it seems the key must be pressed 3 or 4 times to work.
End of quote.

Even if I press 3 or 4 times, it still doesn't work for me, but Kudos for the support team for their reactivity.
Jean1

Postby Drew » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:16 pm

There seems to be quite a bit of confusion among users regarding the Layers tool.
Please see the image below, if you are editing a layer with adjustments you need to use the tool with the "Edit Selected Layer" option turned on. This puts a small brush icon in the upper left of the tool and indicates the adjustment of the tool will effect the layer you have selected as appose to the background layer.

If you do not see the small brush then the tool will naturally effect the whole image and not the selected layer. Turn this feature ON by clicking the small arrow in the upper right of the tool and turning on ""Edit Selected Layer" .
Drew
Crew
Crew

Postby T-Bird » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:00 pm

graham25 wrote:Just installed C7 trial alongside C6. First thing I tried was local adjustments. Using new "bullseye" cursor created mask on image. The top info bar shows that layer 1 is active however all adjustments appear to be global not local.
Out of interest tried several images and created several local adjustment layers. No matter which layer I select the adjustments are global.

the same i found this morning after installing V7.0 With V6.0 no problems. Opend a support-case this afternoon with 2 Examples, one OK from C+ V6.0 and one from V7.0 with global corrections and with a mask! :oops:
T-Bird

Postby Jean1 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:10 pm

You need to click on the white triangle to open a menu, then tick "adjust selected layer" :

Jean1

Postby T-Bird » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:13 pm

Ulf wrote:Hey, it was a question right? :D
We are probably doing some professor tip or FAQ regarding this subject to make it more clear.

Hi i found the solution after reading your hint:
Action Tool and in German it is "ausgewählte Ebene anpassen";[ adapt selected layer.... probably in English.] Tricky and not so easy to find! :D
T-Bird

Postby T-Bird » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:16 pm

Juerg1 wrote:sorry, but local adjustments really don't work on the brushed area of an image anymore, e.g. exposure changes. must be a bug!

was using the brush within the local adjustment tab and brushing part of an image. Hereafter exposure sliding changes whole image...

Hallo Jürg
Habe auch lange gesucht..
Kleines Dreieck beim Werkzeug das nach unten zeigt und ausgewählte Ebene anpassen anklicken. Das bei jedem Werkzeug, das mit Maske funktioniert. :D
Gruss T-Bird
T-Bird

Postby Juerg1 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:28 pm

German on: Danke. habe es mittlerweile auch gesehen. es wurde dort halt nicht im aktivierten Status übernommen von C6.gruss. German off
Juerg1

Previous

Return to Capture One 8.x and 7.x Software