First Bug C7 ?

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One DB and Capture One Express 8x and 7.x

First Bug C7 ?

Postby graham25 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:03 pm

Just installed C7 trial alongside C6. First thing I tried was local adjustments. Using new "bullseye" cursor created mask on image. The top info bar shows that layer 1 is active however all adjustments appear to be global not local.
Out of interest tried several images and created several local adjustment layers. No matter which layer I select the adjustments are global.
graham25

Re: First Bug C7 ?

Postby Ulf » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:11 pm

There is local tools and global tools.
The tools that is on the local adjustment tab is all working with the layers.

The tools that work with layers are also marked with a brush icon.

This is a new feature to allow users to edit more efficiently without having to switch layers back and forth.
Ulf
Crew
Crew

Postby graham25 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:27 pm

Thanks Ulf,

thats going to catch a few users out, good job I put a ? mark as a subject. :)
graham25

Postby Ulf » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:43 pm

Hey, it was a question right? :D
We are probably doing some professor tip or FAQ regarding this subject to make it more clear.
Ulf
Crew
Crew

Postby graham25 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:58 pm

Here's another question Ulf. Ive spent more time looking for the answers to this one.

I do my initial culling and rating with Photo Mechanic and C6 would recognise my star rating. Despite playing with synchronising options in preferences C7 does not appear to recognise them. (intentional or not this would be a huge problem for me and I suspect many others)

There also seems to be some incompatibility between C6 and C7 reading star ratings, but I need to do more research on that.

If C7 did work the same as C6 the new filter system in C7 would have been fantastic and save loads of time by not having to constantly refreshing the sort by rating.
graham25

Postby Ulf » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:09 pm

There is several variables, first of all check Preferences -> Image -> Meta data in Capture One
If changed, use the re-sync option in the meta data tool

If we need to help with troubleshooting, then please raise a support case.
Ulf
Crew
Crew

Postby Juerg1 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:14 pm

sorry, but local adjustments really don't work on the brushed area of an image anymore, e.g. exposure changes. must be a bug!

was using the brush within the local adjustment tab and brushing part of an image. Hereafter exposure sliding changes whole image...
Juerg1

Postby Drew » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:23 pm

Juerg1 wrote:must be a bug!

I just tested this myself to make sure and cannot verify any ill operation. Things work swimmingly when selecting the new layer and making adjustments with the tools present under the "Local Adjustment" tab.

If you continue to have issues create a support case and we'll have a closer look.
Drew
Crew
Crew

Postby Juerg1 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:28 pm

unbelievable.....

will make a full new installation and check again.
Juerg1

Postby Jean1 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:11 pm

Juerg1 wrote:sorry, but local adjustments really don't work on the brushed area of an image anymore, e.g. exposure changes. must be a bug!

was using the brush within the local adjustment tab and brushing part of an image. Hereafter exposure sliding changes whole image...

Same problem for me !

Edit : and I have just noticed that the M key doesn't reveal the mask.

Edit 2 : I have just created a support case.
Last edited by Jean1 on Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jean1

Postby Drew » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:18 pm

Jean1 wrote:Same problem for me !

Same suggestion holds true for you Jean. We'll take a look at the problem but as I cannot replicate it here it is either file dependent or effected by some peripheral setting/software.
Drew
Crew
Crew

Postby Marco22 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:42 pm

You have to activate under the dedicated Toll, e.g. Exposure, under the little downward arrow "Adjust selected Layer".
After that everything works like charm. Same for Clarity and so on..
Marco22

Postby graham25 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:17 pm

Having first raised this issue I feel it's my duty to try and "pour oil on troubled water"
Juerg1 and Jean1 I think you will find local adjustments do work, just not the way they used to.
I think probably you were both using the same method as me in C6. I would select the local mask brush, paint on the image then go straight to the slider I wanted to adjust. You can't do it this way in C7 anymore. After painting our mask we now have to click on the brush icon on the tools menu or type Ctrl8, this will make available only the sliders that can be used for local adjustments. Of course you could work this way before in C6 but now there is no choice and to my mind it slows workflow down.
graham25

Postby Jean1 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:46 pm

Marco and Graham, thanks for your explanations, it works now :D . These icons are so tiny !

However, the M key still doesn't work for me (it doesn't toggle the mask on/off - I am on a PC with Windows 7). May be I'm missing something. So I am not withdrawing my support case.
Jean1

Postby Marco22 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:04 pm

Jean, you're right. The "M"-Key for View masking on/off seems to have no effect at all.
regards Marco
Marco22

Next

Return to Capture One 8.x and 7.x Software