Outputting without cropping

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One DB and Capture One Express 7.x

Outputting without cropping

Postby Sun6 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:06 pm

I'd like to see an option in the Process Recipe under Adjustments that will allow processing without a crop on the image. For example, many photographers will crop an image to a section to signify what that particular frame has been shot for, but a client sometimes wants to see all images uncropped for themselves.. Unless you uncrop every image or make a new album or variant, you have to process everything as cropped.

I wonder if anyone else feels the same way? Is it worth opening a support case?
Sun6

Re: Outputting without cropping

Postby NN176397UL2 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:35 pm

I have the problem that all images are slightly cropped almost as a standard setting.. this is only repairable when i actually move each side of the image to its outer limits.. THIS is crazy or am I missing something?
I cant reset the crop so that it does not crop, if you understand what I mean!? If that is what you mean then lets open this up!

Rupert
CO7.2 Canon 5dmk3
Rupert
Mac OS X 10.6.8
2.93 GHz Intel Core i7
8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
NN176397UL2

Postby Ian3 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:41 pm

Is this because a lens correction is being applied to every image? If C1 corrected lens distortion it could exclude parts of the image that were present in the uncorrected image.

Ian
Ian3

Postby NN176397UL2 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:44 pm

thankyou Ian,
I think you are right!
it just looks as if the crop is an evenly sided smaller image than the original image, one can see the croped out bits through the mask on all sides..an one can re crop the images to full scale by hand if desired even with when croping out side of image is:- off!

Rupert
Rupert
Mac OS X 10.6.8
2.93 GHz Intel Core i7
8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
NN176397UL2

Postby Edward51 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:38 pm

Sun6 wrote:I'd like to see an option in the Process Recipe under Adjustments that will allow processing without a crop on the image. For example, many photographers will crop an image to a section to signify what that particular frame has been shot for, but a client sometimes wants to see all images uncropped for themselves.. Unless you uncrop every image or make a new album or variant, you have to process everything as cropped.

I wonder if anyone else feels the same way? Is it worth opening a support case?

yes - this would be great - I have read about it being requested in the past but we know these things take (alot) of time.
The best thing to do is make a support case so there is another official record of it.
Edward51

Postby Sam » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:50 pm

like the option to process without sharpening.

good idea!
Sam

Postby SFA » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:06 am

This is interesting.

I think the manufacturers would love to know that so many people are quite happy with whatever output a lens provides. It could save them a lot of time engineering corrections into the design of the lens or developing software to perform the corrections in camera at the consumer oriented and of the market.

From a commercial point of view the photographer gains too. No need to buy expensive lenses when the clients are quite happy with any old image we can push at them.

Oh well, the cameraphone generation I suppose. Times and expectations change.

Grant Perkins
Last edited by SFA on Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
SFA

Postby riley » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:55 am

Same issue here, my work around is

select all to process

get your process recipe ready

go to the crop tool tab,

with all to process selected use the reset variant button in the crop tool tab

then command D to process

followed by command Z to undo the uncrop, that will will return your crops
riley

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:27 am

That is one workaround. Another is to use Clone Variant first, reset Crop, Process, delete Variants.
The idea is the same, but I build in an extra step with variants.

Note that the assumption is that the new created variants are selected by default.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist, Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby Robsie » Sat May 20, 2017 2:26 am

This is an old thread but just in case someone comes across it like I have looking for a solution after cropping all my images for a client they then wanted full uncropped images so here is what I did...

Go to Process Recipe tab - select Adjustments - and tick the box Ignore Crop
Robsie
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Return to Capture One 7.x Software