Credo for Hasselblad series V: need instructions

Questions, comments and suggestions regarding Leaf Credo series digital camera backs.

Credo for Hasselblad series V: need instructions

Postby Rogerxnz » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:45 pm

I have the Credo 60 as above but the "Quick Guide" supplied with it does not help with the issues faced by "steam camera" users as it only describes how the back works with a Mamiya body.

I need to know how to set the shutter sync (large format/503CW w winder/and so on)?

How do I set owner details, copyright info, session file names?

Can I set different picture ratios?

Seems a lot of what I'm used to from the Aptus range is "missing" or we need proper instructions.

There is a new feature: shutter latency can be set to normal or zero. There should be an explanation of these options. Why would a user want latency, which I assume means some delay?

Can MamiyaLeaf help? I think I paid enough for proper documentation!
Roger
Rogerxnz

Re: Credo for Hasselblad series V: need instructions

Postby yaya » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:48 pm

Hi Roger, congratulations!

On your V-series you can leave the shutter latency setting on "Normal" as the back gets the "wake-up" signal through the film advance prong in the body.

On a large format camera (with mechanical shutters) you have 2-3 options:

Set the back to Normal and use a wake-up cable (longer battery life and potentially better image quality with longish exposures)

Set the back to Zero and use your Aptus' sync cable (simple but consumes a bit more battery)

Set the back to Normal and use a Kapture Group One-shot cable. (The more expensive option but is easy to use and saves battery life etc.)

On the Credo there are no facilities for inserting copyrights, user info, file naming etc.

A Quick Guide for the various platforms is imminent

Hope this helps

BR

Yair
--
Yair Shahar | Product Manager| Mamiya Leaf - Phase One
e: ysh@mamiyaleaf.com | m: +44(0)77 8992 8199 |
yaya
Crew
Crew

Re: Credo for Hasselblad series V: need instructions

Postby Rogerxnz » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:55 am

Thanks, Yair
When I use the back on a Flexbody, I seem to have to set it to zero latency.

How is the manual coming along? I discovered by accident that if, when using Live View, you press the Dynamic Menu button (bottom right), you get two scales, one labelled "Q" and the other with a brightness icon. I guess "Q" stands for quality but I cannot work out why you would want less than maximum quality. What is the trade off?

I am disappointed that I cannot set my details on the back in any way. This means that it is very "portable" for thieves, and so on.

Surely, you can publish the first version of a manual in progress?
Roger
Rogerxnz

Return to Leaf Credo series camera backs