Internal battery questions

Questions, comments and suggestions regarding Leaf Credo series digital camera backs.

Internal battery questions

Postby SFPaul » Fri May 04, 2012 6:06 pm

My quick scan of the literature out on the Credo series doesn't directly address the capacity of the battery.
I understand exact answers are probably out but...
How long can you shoot for? What happens in the middle of a shoot out in the middle of nowhere and the battery runs out of juice? With an external you just have to pop on another one and continue on. Can you externally power it from another battery? What is the expected lifespan of the battery and is the replacement by the user possible or does it need to be sent in the Leaf? How long does it take to recharge?
SFPaul

Re: Internal battery questions

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Fri May 04, 2012 6:58 pm

From the Credo brochure I read it is an enclosed battery. My understanding is that it is user-replaceable. Not sure however.
Capacity is 2900mAh, Li-ion according to the same brochure but that does not directly translate to number of shots, preview time etc.
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby Ulf » Mon May 07, 2012 11:30 am

HI

You can just take it out and pop another one in, there is a battery door at the bottom of the unit.
Compared to the aptus, it looks much nicer since the battery does not hang on the out side.

You can charge the battery while shooting too by simply connecting a firewire or USB source.
Ulf
Crew
Crew

Postby SFPaul » Tue May 08, 2012 2:53 pm

Ahhhh. I get it, I had thought it was some semi permanent type of internal battery. Weill, that's much better than the hanging off the bottom like the Aptus.
SFPaul

Return to Leaf Credo series camera backs