Credo 60 + Hy6 - connection problems

Questions, comments and suggestions regarding Leaf Credo series digital camera backs.

Credo 60 + Hy6 - connection problems

Postby Josef32 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:53 pm

Worked the whole day yesterday with the Leaf Afi Hy6 body and the Leaf Credo 60 back. Connected via Firewire on a Mac Mini (Thunderbold with Firewire Adapter + a FW-Repeater in between (as also shooting with Leaf Aptus 7-II back). Software is CaptureOne v8.1.
This morning turned on everything again, nothing changed, but the software says that there is no camera (back).
Tried everything I could think on - first start the software, than attache the camera, other way round, restart everything - no way, it did not work anymore.
bought a usb 3 cable, the connection worked again, but I could not take a picture. I also could not take a picture anymore when the camera was not connected to the computer. on the display of the Hy6, after pressing the cancellation button, it says "body busy".
so something mystery must have happened to the credo back during the night - but what???? And what is the solution that it works again? there are "always" problems in this combination with the credo 60 back - that I never before had with the aptus 7-II back.
rgds, josef fallnhauser
Josef32

Re: Credo 60 + Hy6 - connection problems

Postby GeoffreyGG » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:09 am

Realize this is from some time ago, but thought an update might be useful.

Rarely use tethering, but have enjoyed the relatively easy hookup of C, Credo 60 and Hy6. The USB cable setup is far far better than the older FIrewire + adapters that always seemed to malfunction. And in general, tethering with the Hy6 and the Credo into a Macbook Air (C1 v9) works fine.

However, if you take the shots too quickly, the back jams up, and a full reboot seems the only way to clear it. That includes back and camera off, cable out, back battery out, and restart. Don't know why, but it happens about every 30 min or so while using it. Sometimes a battery low on charge will trigger this, but sometimes it just happens. Key to this is pulling the battery (and probably cable too), so that the back resets. Seems to work fine then.

Hope this helps.
GeoffreyGG

Re: Credo 60 + Hy6 - connection problems

Postby Josef32 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:24 pm

thank you for this report.
josef
Josef32

Return to Leaf Credo series camera backs