Media Pro Licensing

Discussions about Phase One Media Pro and Media Pro SE

Media Pro Licensing

Postby Ian Wilson » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:50 pm

Like many others, I suspect, I shall continue to use Media Pro for as long as possible - despite Phase One announcing the withdrawal of support for the product. This raises an important question, though: what is going to happen when it comes to licensing? Will Phase One continue to maintain the licensing server, allowing users (who paid for their licences) to continue using them and - if necessary - transfer them onto new machines? If not, will there be a final release of Media Pro which doesn't require access to a licence server, thereby allowing the application to be used for as long as possible? It's one thing to withdraw support for a product; quite another to kill it by removing its licensing.
Ian Wilson
Cambridge, UK
Ian Wilson

Re: Media Pro Licensing

Postby Ian3 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:58 pm

The email I had from Phase One today said among other things.
Media Pro will continue to run on supported operating systems but will not receive updates. We will continue to offer technical support for existing Media Pro SE users.

So I think this means what it says - they are not withdrawing support for the product, just stopping selling and developing it.

But you could put in a support question now and ask whether it will still be possible to activate already purchased copies on new hardware.

Ian

(The other Ian Wilson)
Ian3

Return to Media Pro / Media Pro SE