Why is one image green?

Discussions about Phase One Media Pro and Media Pro SE

Why is one image green?

Postby Ian3 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:51 am

Here is a screen shot of some images in Media Pro. I wanted to make an image with a padlock and a "Private!" stamp over the top of it. The raw picture of the padlock was adjusted in Capture One. To add the "Private" stamp, I used "Edit with..." in Capture One to export it as aTIFF to Affinity Photo. In Affinity I added a text layer for the wording and a rectangle to go round it.

The versions without the engraved name on the padlock were done in a similar way after using a heal layer in Capture One to remove the engraving.

As you can see, Media Pro displays one of the tiff files with a green overlay. It doesn't show up like that in Capture One, Affinity Photo, Finder or Preview - only in Media Pro.

Why might that be?

Ian

Ian3

Re: Why is one image green?

Postby Frank Leonard » Thu May 03, 2018 9:34 am

Please file a case with Phase One Support and send them the green image.
Frank Leonard Schroeter, Phase One A/S
Frank Leonard
Crew
Crew

Postby Ian3 » Thu May 03, 2018 6:39 pm

Frank Leonard wrote:Please file a case with Phase One Support and send them the green image.

Case submitted reference 287989

Ian
Ian3

Postby David1 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:26 am

Does Affinity Pro add an Alpha channel by any chance ? Do you have "use alpha channel" in Media Rendering preferences set to TRUE ? If so try unchecking it and rebuilding the thumbnail.

Just a wild suggestion....
David1

Postby Ian3 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:42 pm

Thanks for the suggestion, David. I checked and it makes no difference if I select to use Alpha channel or not (it was off).

But it made me look again at the TIFF file and the .afphoto file from which it was created. What Media Prop seems to be displaying is the green channel only.

So I have exported from Affinity to a TIFF again, and this time I checked a box that says "Don't export layers hidden by Export persona" and the new TIFF shows up correctly in Media Pro.

Ian
Ian3

Return to Media Pro / Media Pro SE