IQ250 attached in CP1, files don't transfer

Questions, comments and suggestions regarding Phase One IQ4, IQ3, IQ2 and IQ1 series digital camera backs.

IQ250 attached in CP1, files don't transfer

Postby NNN634231447156445992 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:54 pm

To elaborate on title.

I have a iq250 and running cp1 11. brand new tether tools cables (2). Camera will show attached in software, but when shooting the files wont transfer. The back will drop being attached sporadically, and then when I unplug it and wait, the files slowly slowly will dump into the program. All the images are saved in the buffer, but it wont be instant capture transfer.

Any ideas?
NNN634231447156445992

Re: IQ250 attached in CP1, files don't transfer

Postby Jon » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:55 pm

These type of transfer issues usually stem from a weak connection, If you are using long cables, that can often be part of the problem. USB3 is actually a 3 meter limit per specification, however longer distances are usually OK. But, if the USB ports on the computer are putting out weak signal (as they often do) the only way to go longer is a really good quality cable and a externally powered repeater/hub. Start testing with a 3m phase one cable connected directly to the computer with nothing else on USB.

http://www.phaseone.com/Search/Article. ... nguageid=1
Kind Regards,
Jon Gilbert
Phase One
Jon
Crew
Crew

Re: IQ250 attached in CP1, files don't transfer

Postby photoGrant » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:24 pm

See if your back is set to draw power from the USB connection (to charge the battery).

I easily and often run ~20ft without secret sauce batteries and shit without an issue.

Your device has a mA limit per port, and if it's a laptop and without AC power, this limit can be the make or break between file delivery and hanging.

Step 1) Disconnect all your shit from your ports

Step 2) Disable any power sucking settings that are in the back or body

Step 3) Test the shortest cable scenario for success

Step 4) Add your extension and see if you're still in the shit.

Then you can go from there. If you aren't even having success by Step 3... I'd suggest looking at the batteries powering the back.

If you're living in the same session that you had the hanging issue with, sometimes this can corrupt in strange ways and make a 'reconnection' impossible. Test a new session with your new tether scenario.

Worst case scenario you can drop in a USB2.0 repeater and despite being slower, will carry you when USB 3 cannot.
Grant Hodgeon
Digital Imaging Technician
North America | Europe

http://www.photogrant.com
photoGrant

Return to Phase One IQ4, IQ3, IQ2 and IQ1 series camera backs