All images from IQ160 coming out BLACK

Questions, comments and suggestions regarding Phase One IQ3, IQ2 and IQ1 series digital camera backs.

All images from IQ160 coming out BLACK

Postby kenji- » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:18 am

Many thanks in advance for any help/advice.

Was just in the middle of a studio shoot and my when suddenly all images started coming out black. One frame had a large black line in the middle and all frames following were solid black.

A couple notes:
-Was shooting tethered via USB to macbook.
-IQ160 back on H4x body.

I tried changing lenses, shooting non-tethered, different exposure settings (not related to strobe sync). No luck. All images in C1 and on the back of the back are black.
Also tried reattaching back to body.

The H4X body seems to be functioning fine. The IQ also seems to be functioning normally besides this issue.

Any ideas anyone?
kenji-

Re: All images from IQ160 coming out BLACK

Postby ben_US » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:48 pm

Please create a tech support case (via the link in my signature) and sending us some of the black IIQ files. Also, get in touch with your Phase One partner (if you aren't working with one, you can find the closest via this page: https://www.phaseone.com/en/about-us/pa ... cator.aspx) as they may be able to provide local support as well as set up a repair RMA, if necessary.
Please make a support case for Technical Support with Capture One software:
http://support.phaseone.com and click on Contact Support, then select Technical Support.
ben_US
Crew
Crew

Postby PhaseoneUser55657 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:37 am

Just a quick question, can you put the camera into "Live" mode and do you see anything on the back or when tethered? My initial thought would be the curtain on the H4X is not opening, and the body/lens and back are going through the motion, but the sensor is not being exposed. I had a H4X that failed where the curtain would not close and while everything seemed to work, I was getting double exposure, (exposure when when the mirror went up, and before the leaf shutter closed, then the normal one when the shutter fired.)

Set the camera body to allow firing with out a film magazine. Take the back off, and see if you can see the system operate correctly. Set the Shutter speed to bulb mode, so can see everything work.

Robert
PhaseoneUser55657

Postby ben_US » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:36 pm

Just a quick question, can you put the camera into "Live" mode and do you see anything on the back or when tethered? My initial thought would be the curtain on the H4X is not opening, and the body/lens and back are going through the motion, but the sensor is not being exposed. I had a H4X that failed where the curtain would not close and while everything seemed to work, I was getting double exposure, (exposure when when the mirror went up, and before the leaf shutter closed, then the normal one when the shutter fired.)

Set the camera body to allow firing with out a film magazine. Take the back off, and see if you can see the system operate correctly. Set the Shutter speed to bulb mode, so can see everything work.

Robert

This a good troubleshooting step.
Please make a support case for Technical Support with Capture One software:
http://support.phaseone.com and click on Contact Support, then select Technical Support.
ben_US
Crew
Crew

Return to Phase One IQ3, IQ2 and IQ1 series camera backs