IQ250 + live view on ipad

Questions, comments and suggestions regarding Phase One IQ4, IQ3, IQ2 and IQ1 series digital camera backs.

IQ250 + live view on ipad

Postby leofabrizio » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:14 pm

Hi there,
I shot now with 4x5" since decades. I always had trouble when I tried the "small" digital medium format to frame on sliding backs.
The IQ250 and his "fast" live view on the screen was a (mini) revolution for me and a start point for an "ok when can talk now".

On my research for an alternative to large format film photography (still the best on many points to my eyes but very slow process, hard nowadays) I tried lot of solutions.
One of them is a DSLR with a Camranger to an ipad, to be able to frame, focus and compose (with two open eyes!!) on a screen close in size to the 4x5".

When I read the IQ250 as a wifi connection, I was just convinced how could it be to, at least, to compose on the field (I am mainly a landscape/architecture photographer) with a descent screen!

Guess my deception.

I read here and there that would be soon (as too often on this forum) a possibly, phase One is working on it...

Did I miss it? All right, the back was quite new... All right, I waited photokina...
And I feel like nobody talk no more about a great feature that a "state of the art" (as well as expensive) digital back can't do, when any affordable DSLR can do it with ease...

So, what about a live view trough the wifi connection on a tablette?
That would be so nice and open many possibilities
leofabrizio

Re: IQ250 + live view on ipad

Postby Drew » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:08 pm

This was announced at Photokina, demonstrated at photokina and it is pending Apples release of our updated Capture Pilot app as well as the Firmware for the IQ250 (released when Capture Pilot is available). The ETA is up to Apple at this time.
Drew
Crew
Crew

Postby Digital Transitions, Doug » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:21 pm

You should really get an extended demonstration.

When you see what it means to have an integrated wifi solution (rather than the pieced together solution CamRanger provides) you'll never want to go back to 3rd party solutions.

It provides the integration of native tethering, the reliability of a built-in solution, the speed of sending small files, but the option to review at 100% of sending large files.

The wireless Live View is also fantastic.
Digital Transitions, Doug
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby leofabrizio » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:02 am

Nice!

Just see it on itunes this morning.
Can't wait to test.

At least we can say you were very discrete on such an improvement.
Except that, well done!
leofabrizio

Return to Phase One IQ4, IQ3, IQ2 and IQ1 series camera backs