Magenta band on pack shots on white background

Questions, comments and suggestions regarding Phase One IQ4, IQ3, IQ2 and IQ1 series digital camera backs.

Magenta band on pack shots on white background

Postby Mark1211 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:49 pm

Hi,

I'm testing an IQ160 and one of the set-ups is a standard pack shot on a white background. I have white balanced and calibrated(LCC) and find that there is a band of magenta/red running across the shot. It becomes worse if the shot is over exposed and then darkened in C1. I then tried the shot in the portrait format and the same happened, this time the band ran vertically so I can only assume it is something to do with the digital back. To confirm my result I changed over to a P45, this was totally neutral across the frame in both landscape and portrait.

Is this a common thing on the IQ160 backs? I did wonder if a firmware update would help, it is currently on version 7.

Thanks,

Mark
Mark1211

Re: Magenta band on pack shots on white background

Postby Ulf » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:31 am

Hi

Contact support so we can have a look at it.
Make sure you include a RAW file.
You can contact support here:
Http://support.phaseone.com
Ulf
Crew
Crew

Re: Magenta band on pack shots on white background

Postby Mark1211 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:41 am

Thanks Ulf, I have sent files in and they were seen by Jesper, I have been also in discussions with Joe at Teamwork. Upshot seems to be a recalibration, this is expensive and apparently not guaranteed of success. Mark
Mark1211

Return to Phase One IQ4, IQ3, IQ2 and IQ1 series camera backs