Live view IQ260 - Just not usable

Questions, comments and suggestions regarding Phase One IQ4, IQ3, IQ2 and IQ1 series digital camera backs.

Live view IQ260 - Just not usable

Postby NN634944181079406146UL » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:53 am

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if the live view on an IQ260 is actually usable ? I have recently bought a XF with a 260 back and when I start live view there is sort of a image there but it's definitely not usable for setting focus or anything.

I know the CCD sensor and the refresh rate isn't the best for this, I have it on a tripod and I tried varying settings but to no avail. I also found a video online of a IQ180 and it seems to be fine.

Any help or suggestions are welcome.

Cheers,
Lee
NN634944181079406146UL

Re: Live view IQ260 - Just not usable

Postby ben_US » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:56 am

When running in Live View, a CCD-based sensor can be incredibly temperamental when it comes to scenes with a level of highlights and shadows, resulting in blocked out (usually black) areas from the highlights and color shifted shadows. Lowering the range of tones in the scene (eg, lower the highlights, fill the shadows) will decrease this effect to a usable level. You still won't get 30fps, but it will certainly be usable for focus purposes.
If this isn't possible in your shooting scenario, try closing down the lens such that the highlights in your focus areas are not extremely bright.
Please make a support case for Technical Support with Capture One software:
http://support.phaseone.com and click on Contact Support, then select Technical Support.
ben_US
Crew
Crew

Return to Phase One IQ4, IQ3, IQ2 and IQ1 series camera backs