I need a \"Capture Solution\" shopping list

Question regarding:
Phase One H25, H20, H101, H10, H5, LightPhase, PowerPhase FX / FX +, PowerPhase, PhotoPhase and StudioKit.
Leaf Aptus-II, Aptus S, Aptus, Valeo, C-Most, Cantare, Volare and DCB.

I need a \"Capture Solution\" shopping list

Postby KL Smith » Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:37 pm

Can someone, or the group collectively, provide me with a shopping list for
stepping up to a scanback capture setup for image repro please?

Try not to laugh, but I have been reproducing original art works for about three years now using a flatbed scanning technique (12 x 18\") in which I stitch oversized scans together in Photoshop. It does produce excellent results with incredible detail, but it typically takes me a day to scan, stitch and color correct and image to ready it for printing. For setup and proofing, I typically charge $150. Cdn for images up to 36 x 24 inches.

I usually only reproduce 5 to 8 pieces a month and I am not sure if I can even justify a better solution like a scan back.

I need to know what I need to set up a proper image capture area in my shop. When answering, please bear in mind that money is an object - a big one:-) I will be looking to lease as much of the equipment as possible.

I need to know your suggestions as to the scanback / camera combo to use. This does not have to be the latest and greatest, but it does have to do the job. I reproduce oils, acrylics, watercolors and pastels.

I need to know what accessories I will need for the above.

I need to know what lighting I will need.

I need to know what the minimum amount of physical space I will need for
image capture.

Please list anything else I will need to create a turn-key setup.

Thanks very much,

Sincerely,

Ken Smith

KLS Images Art & Frame Gallery
1582 Niagara Stone Rd., Virgil
Local: 905-468-0068
Toll-Free: 866-211-9799
http://www.klsimages.com
KL Smith

Return to Phase One and Leaf Legacy one-shot and scan camera back