powerphase connection possibilities

Question regarding:
Phase One H25, H20, H101, H10, H5, LightPhase, PowerPhase FX / FX +, PowerPhase, PhotoPhase and StudioKit.
Leaf Aptus-II, Aptus S, Aptus, Valeo, C-Most, Cantare, Volare and DCB.

powerphase connection possibilities

Postby mamo1 » Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:32 am

I am a new powerphase user and I recive just the scsi cable with the camera, I want to use a windows pc, someone know if is it possible to use other connections in state of the scsi (firewire,usb2...etc).
thanks

Postby Ulf » Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:39 am

It is not possible to use any other connections to the back, it is made for SCSI, but there is USB to SCSI converters like the Adaptec USBXchange you can use how ever it might decreas speed.
Ulf
Crew
Crew

Postby TiltallED » Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:24 pm

Check with your computer supply store, or go to http://www.adaptec.com for an Ultra Power Domain 2930 pci card or greater.

SCSI is faster than usb, useing the above card, then an cord adaptor, as stated above.
TiltallED

Postby Ulf » Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:19 am

Correction to TiltallED

Recommended card is 2906

http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/produc ... t=Products
Ulf
Crew
Crew

I am Desperate !!

Postby Hoefer » Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:06 pm

I have a PhaseOne, PowerPhase for my 4x5 – serial number = AS001438.

It has the cable, etc. but like everyone else, no SCSI card.

I have several IBM compatible computers.

One is a windows 98 system (slow but it may have to be the one) and two are windows XP (Professional version on the one I use for graphics which has some serious speed and ram).

I tried to get the laptop (with XP Home Edition) to recognize the back without success. It was a firewire like device that goes from the laptop’s usb port to a SCSI converter that hooked up to the PowerPhase cable (Adpatec EZ SCSI 4.0 and a gender jumper). The computer could detect Adaptec’s converter device but not the digital back, which it detected but could not get past needing drivers. The PowerPhase software did not seem to satisfy the computer’s need for drivers.

I reloaded software, reset the software to act as if it were on a Windows 95 system. Nothing worked.

I have looked everywhere for a SCSI card that accepts the Centronics (?) snap end. No where to be found.

What Adaptec (or other brand) SCSI card will work? Or is there another way to get it working before my wife kills me?

The best computer to use would be the laptop since I would be able to take it to the camera.

Desperate,

Bill
:shock:
Hoefer

Postby Ulf » Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:48 am

OK it seems to be working then.
There is no driver for the SCSI scanning devices and no driver is needed.
Simply click next through the \"Found new hardware guide\" and install it as a \"Unknown device\"
Note that Windows XP will do this 8 times while all other Windows versions only will do it once.
Make sure you download and install latest version of ASPI from Adaptec.
Ulf
Crew
Crew

Return to Phase One and Leaf Legacy one-shot and scan camera back